Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2022 8:31:58 PM EDT
While searching the web, I came across a Japanese company that is producing a full sized Colt licensed XM148 display Vietnam Retro Grenade Launcher.  The good news is that it is only $318, and will be available at the end of December. The bad news is that the shipping is $365.  BUT, the shipping is the same for one or three units. So, I’m thinking a group buy would get the shipping down to $121.66 per unit.  What do you think?

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If it’s colt licensed and not available yet I would imagine these would potentially show up on evike or some similar airsoft shop eventually.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it’s colt licensed and not available yet I would imagine these would potentially show up on evike or some similar airsoft shop eventually.
View Quote

I agree, OR it might just be a “flash in the pan” and quickly discontinued because of lack of interest.  I think it won’t be very popular EXCEPT to us retroheads.  I would prefer to pay a little extra to insure that I get one. Remember the “Colt licensed” M203 launchers that were not ACTUALLY licensed, that were shut down by Colt?
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d be in for one
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I m getting a quote of 83.33 for shipping to FL from jkarmy.com . I guess it depends on the shop that sells them but not sure how reliable these shops are.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I m getting a quote of 83.33 for shipping to FL from jkarmy.com . I guess it depends on the shop that sells them but not sure how reliable these shops are.
View Quote

I’m getting a quote of $115.38 by jkarmy to Indiana, which sounds better, but I believe that is “slow boat from China”.  The other company is by two day UPS shipping, and they claim that only UPS knows how to properly process dummy gun shipments through US customs.

?“USA Customers (Special to California ?& New York Citizens)
We send airsoft parts and guns with full set of documents with orange tip to USA, however for part outlook like "gun" and airsoft guns, we only accept UPS as a unique shipping way to USA as only the custom working with UPS know how to distinguish airsoft guns from Real Arms.
                           Policies For All USA Trades
1) For any customers who choose to ship by UPS services, we will offer a 100% FULL REFUND, including the shipping fee. If there is a failure to send occurred

2.1) When Customers wish to resend products or orders, we ship the parcel via UPS, and the customer will pay 50% of those repayments of UPS shipping charges

2.2) If the customer chooses to ask for a refund after the failure to send, we will only return the value of the products without the refund of the shipment fee.”

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Now, I’m getting a quote of $185 shipping for three by regular UPS (one to two weeks), instead of two day air UPS

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
it was new to me...

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
redwolfairsoft.com is another option with like 120ish shipping , just not sure about buying from HK or Taiwan.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
@M16indiana, if you have to buy 3 I’d be down for one as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@M16indiana, if you have to buy 3 I’d be down for one as well.
View Quote

@57Octane - I knew you would, what took you so long, ??
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@57Octane - I knew you would, what took you so long, ??
View Quote

Short answer: Bourbon and turkey.

I still can't quite believe they made one after all this time. I was starting to think it was a bit too obscure for anyone not crazy like some of us here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Very Cool, about time!  I was corresponding with Showgunscustom in Hong Kong back in Nov and Dec of 2019 because they were custom makeing one but it was all out of plastic.  The price they qouted me at that time was $490 + $137 shipping total $627 but they were concerned with importation and US Customs and it never making it to me.  Then Covid hit and I stopped trying to pursue the purchase.  I did however aquire an original metal handguard and canvas case for the site, just need the XM148 launcher.

I already have a M79, M203 & M320 all aquired through Evike.  I just checked online and got a shipping qoute from Jkarmy of $83.33 to Texas and Redwolf was not providing a shipping cost at this time.  I did not find any other airsoft importer listing preorders for the XM148.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if they will make an Airsoft xm148 handguard to go with these.

Originals are kind of scarce and pricey and I can see no point in hanging a launcher without one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wonder if they will make an Airsoft xm148 handguard to go with these.

Originals are kind of scarce and pricey and I can see no point in hanging a launcher without one.
View Quote
According to info on the RedWolf site they will come with an airsoft handguard for the rifle installation.  Once I have one of the XM148 and handguard I can post some photos to compare a real handguard to the airsoft handguard.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Ohh I'm game for one of these.
I know shipping has gone insane since covid, but back in my teen age years I don't remember shipping from Japanese airsoft sites being that crazy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
According to info on the RedWolf site they will come with an airsoft handguard for the rifle installation.  Once I have one of the XM148 and handguard I can post some photos to compare a real handguard to the airsoft handguard.
View Quote

Nice! Looking forward to your review.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in for 1, one of my biggest regrets was backing down on an Xm148 demilled nearly complete parts kit towards the beginning of covid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm happy to see that airsoft for display use,  isn't verboten.
My question is how far back does the m203 go on carbines. Is it only as recently as the advent of the m203a1 ?.
I found colt logo 203 but havent run across an AAI logo. In the airsoft mkt.
I'd like to put together an early carbine/203 if there was such a thing.

Not retro appropriate,  but I tossed this together  today.
Fit is perfect.
With exception of quad sight.
I'm working to resolve that.
 I know I could mount this on a late model 723
Not sure if available then.
JP
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm happy to see that airsoft for display use,  isn't verboten.
My question is how far back does the m203 go on carbines. Is it only as recently as the advent of the m203a1 ?.
I found colt logo 203 but havent run across an AAI logo. In the airsoft mkt.
I'd like to put together an early carbine/203 if there was such a thing.
https://i.ibb.co/RpFcgRM/20221202-155220.jpg
Not retro appropriate,  but I tossed this together  today.
Fit is perfect.
With exception of quad sight.
I'm working to resolve that.
 I know I could mount this on a late model 723
Not sure if available then.
JP
https://i.ibb.co/KzyzRDw/20221202-175351.jpg
View Quote

MAC-V-SOG was mounting them to XM177E2's
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

MAC-V-SOG was mounting them to XM177E2's
View Quote

Found it.
Fantastic.
Appears it's a 12" tube m203.
Now the wait for a PSA xm177 a2 lower.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#21]
?? VFC Colt XM177E2 + XM148

Looks like they're starting to go out soon, this unboxing video went up yesterday. Skip to 4:33 for XM148 content.

I have to say it looks impressive.  

@M16indiana
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks pretty cool.

Redwolf shows them in stock for $319.99 and shipping to Texas would be $51.99.

I emailed Evike and asked if they will be carrying them.  Will let you know what they say.

They are not aware of future carrying this product and just suggested watching their New Arrivals section and social media for updates.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If the airsoft 40mm grenade is firing pin activated, I'm gonna need at least one of them.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I ended up getting one. Just got the email a day or two ago that it should be shipping soon. They applied red paint to the tip for import purposes, but that should be easy to remove. I ordered from KIC and they sent these photos over:

EDIT: I should add that I was looking for some early info about these and apparently the cocking handle does not swivel as the real ones do.

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the airsoft 40mm grenade is firing pin activated, I'm gonna need at least one of them.  
View Quote

You'd think it would come with one for the price.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#26]

a creative way to separate people from their money????  It literally does nothing.  Why exactly am I buying this again?
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
a creative way to separate people from their money????  It literally does nothing.  Why exactly am I buying this again?
View Quote

It fire airsoft grenades so it doesn't exactly "do nothing".

To put it simply, I and others like me, wish to add the first iteration of the under barrel grenade launcher fielded in Vietnam to our collection. An M-203 is for the most part affordable and readily available. The XM-148, is not. This is a budget friendly and attainable alternative.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, forgive me, but...

Airsoft?  What are these things gonna do other than look pretty on a clone?

I must be missing something, someone help me out...
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes. That's the goal lol.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ok, forgive me, but...

View Quote

Unless you know of someone making real or 37mm flair xm148's this is the only way to have one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#31]
There are two, count them, 2, transferable XM148s for sale on the open market right now. Both are in the $20K-$30K price range.

This is a $300 mass produced replica.

If you want a 148, those are your only options, which is 1 more option than anyone had before now.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I was quite impressed at the attention to detail on the moving parts, etc on on both the GL and the Carbine replicas.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There are two, count them, 2, transferable XM148s for sale on the open market right now. Both are in the $20K-$30K price range.

This is a $300 mass produced replica.

If you want a 148, those are your only options, which is 1 more option than anyone had before now.

Is it really that hard to understand?

View Quote

Chill, bro...
I had just never considered using airsoft things on clones before.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Chill, bro...
I had just never considered using airsoft things on clones before.

Sheesh.
View Quote

My apologies. That wasn’t totally directed at you and it came off more a bit more snarky than I intended.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I am being haunted by the idea of a XM148 under my XM16E1 clone......
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok, forgive me, but...

View Quote

You will slay exactly the same number of Viet Cong with this Airsoft Grenade Launcher as you will with a meticulously curated, all correct clone.

Looking pretty (cool) is exactly the point.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't own airsoft anything, but I'm super impressed with the markings, the colt gray, the proper sheen on the HGs and buttstock... like, wow!

Quoted:
View Quote

It is well known that China is dumping thousands of Glock switches into our urban slums, for the purpose of destabilizing our nation.

In Iraq, they dumped tons of 8mm starter pistols that were readily converted to .32 ACP.

If they could just bring in a whole bunch of retro Colt Commandos that were *wink wink* just replace the barrel and repopulate the internals... well, my heart would begin to open towards some measure of forgiveness.

Does anyone have any connections with John Cena? He seems like a guy with the kind of pull that could make this happen!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#38]
WOW, I just got mine, and I could not be more impressed with it. It left Taiwan on Tuesday, got to Alaska yesterday, and arrived at my door in Indiana today. It is 100% anodized aluminum (with steel pins and fittings of course). The ONLY plastic  parts are in the removable sight.  The hand guard is SO REAL looking that I will have to dig out my original hand guards and compare them to look for “tells”. The federal law that requires red on “toy” guns exempts air soft weapons, and the ring on the end of the barrel was easily removed.  The member who never sent his payment in for one on the group buy, really missed out. Now I kind of regret the years, and money, that I have spent putting together an original XM148 parts kit, lol. The safety is fully functional, but the cocking lever does not do anything, but it DOES fully rotate just like the originals. When you put the launcher on “F” (fire) and pull the firing lever, it activates the firing pin making it move forward so that it will fire an airsoft grenade.  The barrel is fully rifled, but with straight instead of circular rifling. I cannot wait to mount this on one of my XM16E1 rifles.

@57Octane
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I assumed they would all have the same serial number, but I just checked, and each one has a unique serial number.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Great - thanks for posting the photos!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Forgive me but what does Cybergun mean, is that a brand name?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Forgive me but what does Cybergun mean, is that a brand name?
View Quote

That is the name of the company that manufactured these
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That is the name of the company that manufactured these
View Quote
Just a note: VFC is the company who manufactured these. Cybergun is a licensing company, and they hold the rights for Colt to be used on airsoft guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#44]
@M16indiana, that is amazing! I can't believe it looks as good as it does, and that it's all metal. I have so many things I want to see up close, I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Mine is going on my 05A. There's an old photo of a prototype mounted to an 05 and photos from the aussies using them on chopped M16s.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#45]
That's awesome! I was a little skeptical but now I'm kinda feeling like missed out. Very curious to see it mounted up, wonder if there will be any fitment issues.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Where are you guys buying them from?

Are they still coming with the handguard if so?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Good news! No modifications needed to attach to an AR.

Also, it'll actually chamber 40mm rounds (this is an inert round):

Imgur

Bad news, the screws are incredibly soft; I actually broke the head off of one of the screws for the barrel mount.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Someone was selling one of these on GB and advertising it as 'Retro XM148 Museum Quality'.

Lol, it got bid up and someone final bid was for $1775
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Someone was selling one of these on GB and advertising it as 'Retro XM148 Museum Quality'.

Lol, it got bid up and someone final bid was for $1775
View Quote

That was the OP but he did also mention it was a "Display Piece".
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That was the OP but he did also mention it was a "Display Piece".
View Quote

Yeah, it was me. A member on here was supposed to send me the actual cost after shipping of $380 for this, but he never did, so I put it on Gun Broker. I said it was not real and that it did not work, but that it was a museum quality copy.  I was hoping to get $500 for it, but two guys got in a bidding war and would not give up. I doubt that the high bidder will actually pay up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top