Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2021 3:43:42 PM EDT
I am looking to add a little to my build -

I am going to pick up some KNS Anti-walk/rotations pins.
I would also like to get an extended mnag release but understand due the design, only a few will work with the KNS pins.

I know the Odin works GEN3 extended mag release works - looks close - but they have pics on their website.
What other mag releases are compatible?

I kind of like the smaller magpul release compared to the larged Odin works one... but not sure if the magpul will clear KNS pins?

Only other mag releases I know of are Timber Creek... and no idea if of those work or not?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any specific reason you are looking at getting anti-walk pins like for use with a cassette trigger? If you are running a non-cassette trigger I would recommend keep the standard trigger pins and then you can run any oversized mag release you want.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any specific reason you are looking at getting anti-walk pins like for use with a cassette trigger? If you are running a non-cassette trigger I would recommend keep the standard trigger pins and then you can run any oversized mag release you want.
View Quote

Not really to be honest... I think they are kind of a gimmick, but can't hurt - but I honestly just think they look good as an added accessory and a way to add some accent colors to a build.
I have a tacti-cool AR build that I am jazzing up a bit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not really to be honest... I think they are kind of a gimmick, but can't hurt - but I honestly just think they look good as an added accessory and a way to add some accent colors to a build.
I have a tacti-cool AR build that I am jazzing up a bit.
View Quote

If you aren't using a cassette trigger, they are a gimmick, period.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your lack of knowledge is showing...

MANY blowback AR’s use them due to standard pins breaking! Try and make that statement over on the Pistol caliber AR Forum!
View Quote

Um, they still break in blowback ARs.  They just keep the pins from falling out.  Which may be good, or bad.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your lack of knowledge is showing...

MANY blowback AR’s use them due to standard pins breaking! Try and make that statement over on the Pistol caliber AR Forum!
View Quote

I have not had any standard pins break in my blowback 9.  Sorry if my success breeds ignorence.....

And just where did the OP indicate his gun was a blowback AR?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The consensus is they are MUCH STRONGER than a standard trigger pin!
View Quote

Please elaborate.  

Are they some special material MUCH stronger than your standard steel pin or the stainless Colt uses in their 9?  Which Colt chose for the added strength.  I’d like some evidence, and an explanation as to why they are “much stronger”.  Not a“consensus” based on assumptions and unscientific personal experiences.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The consensus is they are MUCH STRONGER than a standard trigger pin!
View Quote

Consensus based on.........consensus?  Do you have the man'f spec sheets for every pin?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top