Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2021 11:14:12 PM EDT
Hey guys I have an epc 9 set (sub 150 serial number) and I am looking to run the Franklin binary in it. I was watching their video and it looks like I should run the trigger with the hammer and spring set up it has on it along with the black buffer spring. I have a 7.7 aero buffer I plan on running with it. Anyone had any luck with this set up or one similar? I have a Macon 8 inch for it but currently waiting on my muzzle and handguard for it. In the meantime I will be running a 5 inch barrel with a cone similar to Macon.  Also in a few months hopefully my r9 will be out of jail. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys I have an epc 9 set (sub 150 serial number) and I am looking to run the Franklin binary in it. I was watching their video and it looks like I should run the trigger with the hammer and spring set up it has on it along with the black buffer spring. I have a 7.7 aero buffer I plan on running with it. Anyone had any luck with this set up or one similar? I have a Macon 8 inch for it but currently waiting on my muzzle and handguard for it. In the meantime I will be running a 5 inch barrel with a cone similar to Macon.  Also in a few months hopefully my r9 will be out of jail. Thanks for the help!
View Quote

I have a home built AR9, 4.5" barrel that I ran for over a year with a binary, and am currently working on getting it running again after fixing an issue with the trigger.

I could not outrun it with a 7.7 oz. Macon Armory buffer and a +25% (or so) spring.  The Franklin black-end buffer spring is a little stronger, but it should work provided it doesn't close the bolt so quickly that it traps ejected brass in the port (stovepipes).

The buffer is extended length, with a moving internal weight. This is important. The extra length shortens the stroke, and the moving weight prevents hammer follow from bolt bounce.

I don't use the red or blue hammer/trigger springs.  Reduced power hammer springs may cause doubling under certain circumstances. I used the silver ones and they worked well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good! I think my other AR9 is a 7.0 oz buffer so I can try that as well. Glad to hear it worked for you! I wont get a chance til next weekend to run it but thought I would get it set up ahead of time and kinda of what to expect.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a New Frontier Armory C5 with a Fostech Echo 2 trigger. I ended up with a DS-9 buffer and a Sprinco red buffer spring. As stated above, the deadblow buffer is necessary to prevent bolt bounce. I would add that a combined weight of buffer and BCG between 22 and 24oz is ideal for proper function of an AR9 for rapid firing, as stated in a thread elsewhere in this forum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds good, I will have to check the weight of my toolcraft gen 2 bcg. Might have to order a heavier buffer..
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a New Frontier Armory C5 with a Fostech Echo 2 trigger. I ended up with a DS-9 buffer and a Sprinco red buffer spring. As stated above, the deadblow buffer is necessary to prevent bolt bounce. I would add that a combined weight of buffer and BCG between 22 and 24oz is ideal for proper function of an AR9 for rapid firing, as stated in a thread elsewhere in this forum.
View Quote

Agreed on the combined weight. Mine was exactly 22oz.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again! No fire test yet still waiting on muzzle brake. Plus side the aero lower is much smoother than my ke arms dedicated lower. I was running a little lower weight (.7oz) less in that one and it ran good with a standard trigger but hung up on the ejector and groved it. Excited to try the aero
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top