Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2024 12:21:01 AM EDT
Has anyone successfully modified an EndoMag to fit in a non-PMAG body?
I see that the adapter is a bit too long to fit in a regular GI mag and it doesn't fit inside of a Lancer mag that I've got laying around.
I see that backbencher has tried with a different mag and it didn't fit.

I'm just curious if anyone else has made it fit in a different mag body.
I'm guessing that since everyone has at least one P-MAG and they're cheap, most people just jam inside of the mag and get on with life.

And no, IdahoPCCinc, I haven't called MEAN Arms to ask them yet and I haven't modified one myself just yet (but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night).
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You're gonna need to 3-D print an extended baseplate or carve one from wood or Delrin or summat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tt350z] [#2]
Edit:

Disregard
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Was tried by a few in the early days, all failed
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gongo] [#4]
Thanks guys. I'm guessing that this is the reason why MEAN Arms is starting to move away from the EndoMag concept and is focusing on their new magazines now in various lengths/capabilities. When I get some of the new mags I may sacrifice an old one to see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
still looking for a easy way to load mean mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stoney:
still looking for a easy way to load mean mags.
View Quote

I jus' bounce 'em.  Helps on the thumbs a bit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoPCCinc] [#7]
Originally Posted By gongo:

And no, IdahoPCCinc, I haven't called MEAN Arms to ask them yet and I haven't modified one myself just yet (but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night).
View Quote

You got me !!!

It's really just a matter of dimensions and tolerances.

Endo mags are made for Pmags.

USGI mags have different dimensions and tolerances than the Pmags.

I'm still holding my breath and waiting for an endo mag insert for the 40rd Pmag.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc: I'm still holding my breath and waiting for an endo mag insert for the 40rd Pmag.
View Quote

That will probably be forever because of this... https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/exomag-40-round
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top