Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2018 8:19:51 PM EDT
Ok so as the title states I would like to hear some opinions on the quality, durability, accuracy, and overall operation of seekins precision barrels. To be more specific there 300 BLK barrels.

Im considering changing my idea on a build I'm working on from 5.56 to a 300 BLK, I have absolutley no experience with this round so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: ok I'm going to broaden the topic here. I cant find a handguard that I could make work for that longer barrel and still have it look how I want it to. I've done some more looking into the round itself and what it works best out of, all that fun stuff.

My question is now which brands ~8" barrel would you use and why; Seekins 8", BA 8" Modern or Performance, BA 8.3" Hanson, or a KAK CHF 8"v"MR BLOND"?

I am planning to put a can on it but I'm stuck between two choices for cans, both choices are QD if that helps at all.

Also the handguard I'm going to use is the Seekins MCSR V2 RAIL SYSTEM 7"
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience but have heard good things.  I believe they use Rock Creek blanks which are quality
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, I'm between the Seekins or maybe a 9"BCM
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a BCM 9" 300 blackout that the chrome lining is falling out of that I'll make you a great deal on!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't use Seekins.  But I have had excellent results with Ballistic Advantage.  Hanson series and Modern series have all been great shooters at a great price.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What lengths do you have with those barrels? Anything short?
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using a 10.5" (shortest I can go in MD for an SBR, state mimum of 26" OAL) Rainier Select on my blackout.  Subsonic handloads are easily single-ragged-hole at 50 and 1.5" or better at 100.  More than enough for headshots on piggly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not bad at all, I didn't even think of anything from rainier. Eventually i want to make it an SBR, for now I'm thinking pistol.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What lengths do you have with those barrels? Anything short?
View Quote
8.5", 9.5" and 10.3" 300 blackout.  
11.3" 5.56
All run great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

8.5", 9.5" and 10.3" 300 blackout.  
11.3" 5.56
All run great.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply, i really like that Hanson its a tough choice lol.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 8.5” BA and am very happy with. Shoots as well as my AAC 300 blk
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not bad at all, I didn't even think of anything from rainier. Eventually i want to make it an SBR, for now I'm thinking pistol.
View Quote
While they don't offer the select grade anymore, they were using Black Hole Weaponry (now Columbia River) barrels for the line.  I have another 5.56 BHW barrel, and other friends have BHW tubes, and they're all fantastic.  I haven't even tailored a supersonic load for it yet, but I know when I do it'll be easily MOA if not better.  That's another route you may want to look into--Columbia River Arms.  They're not Krieger or Bartlein or Rock Creek accuracy levels, but they're also not priced even remotely close to them either.  Their QC seems to be better than BA's as well (although I'm happy with my BA tubes; some folks haven't been though).
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
@Huck70

First off thank you for your service and for your feedback. It is just one more vote towards BA lol.

@ArmedFerret

Thank you for your feedback, that's another place I didn't even think of. Unfortunately they don't have the length barrel that I am looking for. I don't mind dropping the money for a decent barrel, on the 308 I built I have a $335 barrel on it. As long as its from a reputable dealer and it preforms like it should I don't mind throwing the cash towards it, you know? I know BA is on the cheaper budget side of barrels which I don't mind, I see a lot of great things on them and some bad too, like the QC issues you mentioned. I will however keep Columbia River in mind for my next 5.56 build
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top