Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2020 1:04:19 AM EDT
Quick question...

Say I’m in the market to purchase a new carbine length gas tube. Do I have a choice of choosing different gas
tube inside diameters? I know that carbine length is the overall length but what about ID size? Does that ever
change? I’ve heard some manufactures “port” or oversized gas tubes to increase reliability etc but would like
To know if gas tubes are a fixed ID or if there are differences and how would I go about choosing one of sizes
are in fact different.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There are no different IDs of a gas tube however, Black River Tactical (BRT) makes gas tube with a custom port size for certain specs.

Email them with all the info on your setup and they will tell you the right setup.

They're $50, or you can get their gas block port insert that does the same thing, but requires more of an install.

I just installed one on my 10.5 and I can't wait for the range to open up again!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
ID should be consistent across manufacturers.

As stated, regulated tubes are controlled by the hole diameter in tube at inlet/gas block.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top