Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2021 4:36:45 PM EDT
I have been building my AR for just over a year now. My first one. In that time I have been through three different optics. I am currently on an EOTech Vudu 5 - 25 x 50 because I couldn’t pass up on a %50 discount and I have a tall order to make this thing reach 800-1000yrds.

My problem is in the height. I had a set of High Leupold (1.5”) that were still about 1/8” too low and I had to push the optic forward in front of my rail so the ‘bell’ would not sit on the rails (competition style shroud). Subsequently, this caused the rings to be mounted on the barrel shroud and the upper at the same time causing shots to walk on POI. So, what I need is an EXTRA high set of rings, preferably cantilever so they will sit on just the upper. EOTECH is back ordered for the last 8 months. I have searched and searched, called EOTECH and they said they use American defense AD Recon STD 34mm on their displays but everything I find is a 1 1/2” mount. I am so tired of taking this to the range and being disappointed one rookie mistake after another. Please advise.

P.S. I tried attaching pictures to this and do not know how. I am not forum familier.

Edit: I am really looking for advice on how to make a quality marksman rifle. Any and all advice is appreciated.

18” SS Fluted Mid-Length Wylde 1/8 w/3”vertical compensator
16” ‘Competition Style’ Barrel Shroud (manufacturing unknown)
FN Upper w/Nickle Boron Bolt Carrier
FN Lower w/CMC 2 Stage 2lb Flat Trigger
Magpul MOE Grip (standard)
Standard OEM buffer&spring w/unknown stock I thought looked cool at the gun show I built this at because it had honeycomb rubber padding.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at a 1-piece cantilever mount?
Like this

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.opticsplanet.com/armasight-long-rail-adapter-for-clip-on-day-night-system.html

That will give you a little extra height and extra length over the barrel.

Search the web for cantilever picatinny rail extender
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with LaRue, they may have something that works.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
From the sound of it, you should check out the 1.93" mounts. The ADM "H" series mounts or the Larue LT135.
There are other options out there, but they will probably be more expensive (SPUHR for example). I'd probably just go with the ADM AD-Recon-H.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top