Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2018 1:08:33 PM EDT

No flamming allowed
I got the dual sling point end An single point sling on e bay $12.61 shipped!!!!
I am truest impressed with the fit an quality!!!
I keep it posted on the quality in future post
It’s really nice quality for the pricehttps://imgur.com/a/mifTt1i
https://imgur.com/a/mifTt1i
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the pic!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't trust it.

There is a strong chance the metal used is some cheaper type of zinc. If it is cast there might be imperfections in the metal which are prone to cracking. The sling might be decent, but there are plenty of end plates out there for $10 more that will give you an ease of mind.

For example if the ad says
The sling adaptor is made of high quality military grade 1050 heat-treated carbon steel construction.
View Quote
Take a magnet to it. If it isn't magnetic it's either aluminum or pot metal(zinc) Either way they ripped you off.

It will become apparent if the sling is used with the end plate enough.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a two point QD sling from eBay that when I received it was marked Magpul all over it, including the packaging, for $11.25 shipped.  Clearly fake, but good enough for my non-operator purposes.

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a two point QD sling from eBay that when I received it was marked Magpul all over it, including the packaging, for $11.25 shipped.  Clearly fake, but good enough for my non-operator purposes.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XJAAAOSwumFbhmOE/s-l1600.jpg
View Quote
I did look at those for a 22lr. The metal used is a zinc alloy.

If you want a nice budget sling try alientac.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Licensed airsoft
View Quote
More importantly, those QDs might fail.
I know a lot of people who play airsoft and don't trust arirsoft branded slings because they're notoriously shitty.

Things like those licensed Magpul plastic things are made by Pts. While they look the same, the polymers are no where near the same. Things like foregrips and sights I might use because they aren't taking huge loads but sights I would only use one a 22. Things like slings and QD mounts are very suspicious Imo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, no.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's bad when your qd fails and your muzzle slaps the pavement.
View Quote
It's even worse if it smacks you in the balls or you break a toe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Honestly it sucks. Its made out of pot metal zinc. You think you are saving money, but you'll probably buy once/cry once.

I put my sling together at a decent price.  Using Zinc/Pot Metal mounting hardware is a huge no-no.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
VCAS with Magpul qds is what I run. No doubts that they are 100% gtg. My handguards/stocks are quality also. I spent enough wasted time chasing cheap shit in the hopes that it was "good enough".

You can get by for less, but not much.
View Quote
QD VCAS slings are easily found for 50$ on the EE. I've gotten VCAS slings for under 20$...
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
More importantly, those QDs might fail.
I know a lot of people who play airsoft and don't trust arirsoft branded slings because they're notoriously shitty.

Things like those licensed Magpul plastic things are made by Pts. While they look the same, the polymers are no where near the same. Things like foregrips and sights I might use because they aren't taking huge loads but sights I would only use one a 22. Things like slings and QD mounts are very suspicious Imo.
View Quote
Yep. I had one of the knock-off or airsoft Magpul slings and the QD was broken before I even tried to use it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I did look at those for a 22lr. The metal used is a zinc alloy.
View Quote
The adapter wasn't useful for me, but for $10, the rest of the sling works well enough.  I like it better than the $3 gun show strap and two buckle sling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Old post, but wanted anyone else looking at it to please......don't get the Ebay pot metal junk for an endplate!  Heat treated steel only!  Mine is a nice thick piece from GRS...……...Attachment Attached File

If this bends, breaks or otherwise fails....it means I am in real trouble.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#20]
What yu be an talking aboot on hear becaus I don't understained what you rote
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top