Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 4:44:48 PM EDT
K guys and gals, I need an idiot's guide to installing a DDM4 quad rail. No matter what I do I can't seem to get everything even-steven.

I'd like to reiterate the idiot part: pictures are appreciated
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you tighten it down? My experience was that it seems sloppy until you get to snugging everything down, then it was right as rain.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I got it down hand tight but the problem is I think I'm over tightened in some places and that pushed the plate in a different direction so the whole thing is crooked.

So I guess a better way to ask the question would be: how in the world of sweet Jesus to I tighten this thing the right way so its not all catty-woopus on me. Once again, explain it to me like I'm a four year old because, I think at this point, I'm mentally exhausted and having trouble completing the most basic of tasks
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a one piece scope base, bridge it from the upper to the rail.

Then tighten down the rail.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I think he has a DDM4 rail, not a DD M4 rail

OP, do you have one big rail nut, or 4 hex cap screws?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's the free-float version so the 4 hex cap screws
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I unfortunately don't have much advice given that mine went on without incident.

As mentioned above, use a device to bridge the upper and the rail while you fit it.

And make sure the backer plate is facing the right direction
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know of any great one piece scope mounts or other mounts that I could buy to do this without breaking the bank?

I thought about getting an "old" style A1/A2 carry handle since its long and would provide ample surface area to make sure everything was straight but the cheapest I've seen a good quality one was $89. Colt wanted $119 or something like that on Brownells.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top