Innovative Arms KillSwitch in upper
Banned H's 750XD bolt and extension
LMT Enhanced carrier
Proof CF barrel
6.5mm version of H's 270MSR
CSSpecs optimized mags
Lapua factory brass
Factory ammo that doesn't suck

Yeah, I know, dream on, get a POF Prescott, etc.
Maybe if I win the Powerball...

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost an AR-15, like the original post.

CMMG Mk47 lower
CMMG MkW-15 6.5 grendel upper
Csspecs magazines

It would be interesting to be able to push the Grendel just a little harder.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My friend, ZiaRifleman, built his 18" Grendel with a Bartlein blank and 800XD bolt and extension.
He's getting over 2000 ft/lbs muzzle energy with his handloads.
I'd hope My dream combo could beat that,  with greater cartridge overall length, powder capacity and brass strength.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Badkarmaiii,

It sounds like you are looking for the MDWS 6.5Timberwolf. It fits your criteria and description.

But, I have to point out, 6.5Creedmoor in a lightweight receiver set will always be less expensive and feed more reliably. Plus, all the parts are available. If want a challenge build a GII or similar lighter than Zia's rifle.

DB
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
All V7 parts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Badkarmaiii,

It sounds like you are looking for the MDWS 6.5Timberwolf. It fits your criteria and description.

But, I have to point out, 6.5Creedmoor in a lightweight receiver set will always be less expensive and feed more reliably. Plus, all the parts are available. If want a challenge build a GII or similar lighter than Zia's rifle.

DB
View Quote

I'll have to look at the Timberwolf.
The easy button would be the 20" Rogue Prescott 6.5 Creedmoor coming in March from POF-USA.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
3rd hole
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, if I have to load wildcat ammo, might as well build an 18" 7mm SAW POF Rogue.
I already have the dies...
999 ft lbs at 850 yards...
Deadshot Barrels can do it...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Fixed A2 upper .458 Socom Dissipator from Tromix.

Then, a bells-and-whistles .458 Socom SBR with a drum (not snail) mag or SAW-type box.  Because I need an 18-pound shorty.  

Best,
JBR
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top