Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:07:17 PM EDT
I bought a M-16A1 parts kit from Royal Tiger Imports (RTI) out of Florida. It arrived today. It was advertised as a “Grade B kit with an original barrel”, a quote from their webpage. The product description also says “Original Colt made in the 1980s.”  Everything appears to be Colt except for the barrel. The only markings on the barrel are “5.56 NATO 1X8” near muzzle on top where I would expect to see something like “C MP Chrome Bore” or some other markings typically associate with a Colt barrel. The chamber or the barrel are not chromed.

I bought this kit expecting to have an original Colt barrel but I don’t think I received what they advertised. Here’s the url to the webpage for the parts kit on their website:

https://www.royaltigerimports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=COLT16PKBB

I called RTI during their business hours today to ask about this. No answer so I left a message. They have not called back yet. Perhaps they will call on Monday. I am worried that I did not get what I paid which cost me $700.

To those who know much more than me about barrel markings, is this a Colt barrel or an aftermarket replacement barrel?

Thanks,
Jeff
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
These Colt gun kits as well as others out there are being imported in and due to current import restrictions changed under Obama, original barrels cannot be imported back into this country from de-milled military guns. Thus, companies now supply all of the parts along with a US "new" production barrel. If they say otherwise on their advertisement then they are misleading the buyers.

C
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but that is not a Colt barrel. You can tell from the photo that all the other parts are well used and the barrel looks new. Good luck. The add does say “original 20” barrel” and they also list “all sales final, no returns”.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These Colt gun kits as well as others out there are being imported in and due to current import restrictions changed under Obama Bush, original barrels cannot be imported back into this country from de-milled military guns. Thus, companies now supply all of the parts along with a US "new" production barrel. If they say otherwise on their advertisement then they are misleading the buyers.

C
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone.

This would explain it. I guess my expectations were not realistic because I didn’t know...that’s my fault, not RTI. It looks like they delivered what they advertised.

Jeff
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, but that is not a Colt barrel. You can tell from the photo that all the other parts are well used and the barrel looks new. Good luck. The add does say "original 20" barrel" and they also list "all sales final, no returns".
View Quote
Several things point to this. The fact the FSB isn't pinned and installed is a dead giveaway, the 1/8 twist is a strong indication, the fact that it's illegal to import a barrel has to count for something. The ad says "original" without saying original to what. No, it's not a original Colt barrel but you're probably not going to get any satisfaction from them (R/T). Unless you paid with a card and wanted to do the dispute deal.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Hotdog. I’m not going to dispute the transaction. They delivered what they advertised. I can't blame them for my lack of education on the subject matter. Now the search starts for the hard to find 20” A1 Colt barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top