Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 11:34:50 AM EDT
I have a Geissele Super Duty rifle that came with the B5 SOPMOD stock.  I'd like to change it to the B5 Bravo stock but I want it to fit tight like the SOPMOD stock.  Anyone try both stocks and happen to know?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Fit is entirely dependent on individual REs and stocks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I already know what you are saying.  The fit of the B5 SOPMOD on the Geissele RE is snug.  According to what I've read, they fit snug.  I'm simply asking if anyone has tried both and if they fit the same.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already know what you are saying.  The fit of the B5 SOPMOD on the Geissele RE is snug.  According to what I've read, they fit snug.  I'm simply asking if anyone has tried both and if they fit the same.
View Quote

My point was that there are +/- tolerances for machining and variances in polymer dimensions.

Your SOPMOD may fit your RE snug....does not mean that mine will. I've mixed/matched enough stock bodies/REs to get a desired fit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]
My Bravos aren't snug like my older B5 Sopmod.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I have eight (8) rifles that have B5 Bravo stocks.  Some are very tight, others not so much.  I don't have any that are what I would describe as "loose."  Another rifle has the B5 SOPMOD stock.  It is nice and tight, but only a sample of one.  As a rule, I think that B5 stocks in general fit snugly, but there is no way to guarantee that one stock will fit as snugly as another.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses.  I will be finding out shortly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#8]
The B5 bravo has little spring tabs on the inside that put pressure on the buffer tube to eliminate slop. In my experience this makes the fit tighter across a range of different tubes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The Geissele buffer tube seems to be slightly smaller than normal.  Numerous Magpul stocks were tried and had too much slop.  The B5 SOPMOD that came on it was nice and snug.  We'll see how the Bravo works out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The B5 bravo has little spring tabs on the inside that put pressure on the buffer tube to eliminate slop. In my experience this makes the fit tighter across a range of different tubes.
View Quote

Where are those spring tabs located?
I cannot find any spring tabs on my B5 stock.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the bottom sides. They look like upside down leaf springs. Older Bravo stocks didn't have them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Got the Bravo and it's not as tight as the SOPMOD.  Tighter than various Magpuls.  It'll do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top