Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 3:18:14 PM EDT
I have a DDLES lower that I SBR'ed some years back, and I'd like to put a true folding stock on it.  I don't want a LAW folder or anything like that.  I want a 9mm upper whose BCG recoils completely inside of the upper receiver, without a receiver extension.

The only thing I've found that's close is the Angstadt MDP-9, but it appears to be for Glock mag lowers only, instead of Colt mag lowers.  Also, it's not been released yet.  Am I missing anything, or does what I want not exist?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I remember Angstadt saying even though the MDP was designed for their Glock lower, it might be compatible with other lowers.  Not sure if they meant other Glock only or if Colt-style was one of the possibilities.  

Besides the MDP the only other one I've seen is New Frontier's C-9 PDW:  https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/product/c-9-pdw/
The lower looks pretty standard so you might be able to convert your DDLES using their receiver extension/adapter, but its also a Glock design.  Plus I'm not sure they sell the adapter nor the upper separately though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
R&D Precision makes what you seek....... google R&D Precision PW-9
Good friend of mine makes them......
Has some features I don't personally like, but I have one and am working on accessory parts to address my dislikes.....
Is it reliable,????????I have put several thousand rounds through it with zero malfunctions on both colt and glock lowers.
View Quote

Looks like Rainier Arms is the only place that sells them, and they're OOS.  I'm not really a fan of that handguard, either.  It'd be difficult to replace since the upper has a non-standard charging handle.

It is the best option so far though, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a DDLES lower that I SBR'ed some years back, and I'd like to put a true folding stock on it.  I don't want a LAW folder or anything like that.  I want a 9mm upper whose BCG recoils completely inside of the upper receiver, without a receiver extension.

The only thing I've found that's close is the Angstadt MDP-9, but it appears to be for Glock mag lowers only, instead of Colt mag lowers.  Also, it's not been released yet.  Am I missing anything, or does what I want not exist?
View Quote

Check out the Garand Power Stribog. It uses proprietary mags but other than that, is very similar to the MDP9, is actually released and very affordable
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out the Garand Power Stribog. It uses proprietary mags but other than that, is very similar to the MDP9, is actually released and very affordable
View Quote

How does a completely brand new gun let me use the SBR'ed DDLES lower that I already own?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How does a completely brand new gun let me use the SBR'ed DDLES lower that I already own?  
View Quote

My bad, I misread your post...
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top