Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2021 6:47:25 AM EDT
Thinking of picking up a stripped dedicated 9mm lower.

Like This

Can I simply order any AR-15 lower parts kit to complete the build?
Does this require a special or dedicate trigger group?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Almost all the parts are the same. Generally the only different parts involve the mag release and the ejector - those should come with the lower.

Order a standard lpk and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
AR9 lowers designed for Glock and pistol magazines may have additional linkages to operate the bolt hold open of the lower... pistol mags are usually designed to work a slide lock which engages the side of the magazine follower, while dedicated Colt style AR magazines operate the LRBHO off the rear of the mag follower like a 5.56 lower.... the heavier mass of the AR9 bolt slamming forward broke my Colt magazine lowers LRBHO the second time it locked back... my Glock mag competition carbine does not have a LRBHO and can be locked open manually to show clear
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Mag release is different, but comes with.  Trigger etc are all same same.  Bolt catch may or may not even be there, may or may not be same-same.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top