Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 3:56:12 PM EDT
I'm using an SR07 tape switch with an M640DF Pro light. With the tape switch the output is noticeably less than with the tailcap. It's a fresh (red, USB-charged) 18650 battery and a brand new M640. With the tailcap it's frankly less than my Fenix 900 lumen handheld. Put the tailcap on it and it's crazy bright...like my M600DF with the tailcap.

I know Modlite claims SF switches modulate the power to their lights and downgrade the output. But I didn't think SF's switches would do it to their own lights.

Would a Modbutton fix this?

EDIT: Just verified this with a second, newer SR07 switch. Same result.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think surefire is purposefully downgrading the light output of competitors' lights. I think the issue is that the surefire switches use older technology that doesn't allow enough current or something to produce full output. So when you use a surefire switch on modern light, it will downgrade the output no matter the brand.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think surefire is purposefully downgrading the light output of competitors' lights. I think the issue is that the surefire switches use older technology that doesn't allow enough current or something to produce full output. So when you use a surefire switch on modern light, it will downgrade the output no matter the brand.
View Quote

Right, I agree. Modlite was just an example.

I'm using an SF light and an SF switch and it's downgrading the power.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

That's actually not quite the issue I'm having.

It's the SR07 tape switch that's not letting the light perform at full output. I have two SR07s (one is about 4-5yrs old, the other less than a year) and they both suppress both lights I have—an M640 and M600DF.

Putting push-button tailcaps back on them fixes it. But now I have to use tailcaps, which I'm not thrilled with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's the SR07 tape switch that's not letting the light perform at full output. I have two SR07s (one is about 4-5yrs old, the other less than a year) and they both suppress both lights I have—an M640 and M600DF.

Putting push-button tailcaps back on them fixes it. But now I have to use tailcaps, which I'm not thrilled with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A few posters in the linked thread complaining about the same issue.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top