Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2021 5:23:07 PM EDT
I keep getting these adds for Axil Extreme digital ear pro earbuds. The idea is interesting but are the safe and are they best in-class available? If not, what other brands are recommended?
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I keep getting these adds for Axil Extreme digital ear pro earbuds. The idea is interesting but are the safe and are they best in-class available? If not, what other brands are recommended?
View Quote

I have the Custom 360s, the model under the extreme edge model.

They were expensive as hell. They were also worth every penny. No other company seems to offer quite the same quality.

It is a bit superfluous of a purchase, but to be honest no other money I've spent in this hobby had improved the enjoyment/experience of this hobby as a very high quality set of electronic buds.

If you have the means, I highly recommend them.

Make sure you go to a quality audiologist first. Mold quality is extremely important.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a $1000 pair of molded electronic earpro. Never got on with them, always sounded too loud - I had to cover them with a pair of electronic muffs.

I switched to a $200 pair of Walkers Silencer 2.0 BT and LOVE them. Much better sound suppression, worked great for USPSA and 3-Gun competitions, even when ROing competitors with compensated Open pistols and braked rifles.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about the others, but I ended up getting the Otto Noizebarrier Micros. They are made by etymotic, who is one of the world's most respected hearing aid manufacturer. I believe they had an upgrade to their gunsport model, but ended up landing a deal for exclusive rights to Otto. There's a few old old threads in other forums about this.

These things are legit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the Otto noise barrier micros. I keep forgetting I have them in.  I did a night course and had them in for 8 hours and totally forgot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a set of their older Ghost Strikes.  Music sounds a little "tinny" though the speakers but they do work well as ear pro.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top