BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2018 9:32:09 PM EDT
A Diemaco C8 upper followed me, complete with a Diemaco BCG with the rainbow tag.

Oh shucks, I guess I'll have to clone the lower to go along with it

If anyone would like, I can post detailed pictures of it tomorrow.

*edit*

Initial batch of pics, upper;

(barrel profile, as seen is not skinny under the handguards)

(large forward assist, so I guess I'll clone a first pattern C8 with aluminum stock)

BCG;

(still fresh in the bag)

(Weapons Tech seal of approval)

(LMG vertical grip installed)
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, I'd like to see!
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course we,d like to see!
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I just grabbed a Diemaco lower in the hopes of putting a clone together.

Large head forward assist, bonus.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I cloned that upper including the unique barrel contour. Where I messed up is I didnt change out the m4 cut handguard  retainer with a full round one. The muzzle brake is pinned now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A Diemaco C8 upper followed me...
View Quote
That's awesome!

I tried to buy one from some distributor up there once... no sales to the US, even for just parts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I seriously wish we could get that stuff down here...
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my favorire retro's!
Congrats, and looking forward to your build updates!
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the interest, I added pics to the original post and as I collect parts over the coming months I'll continue updating it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a few of them. All mine are brand new unfired.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Argh! How “typically Canadian.”

Take something & quietly, confidently improve it until the rest of the industry/world covet it! And THEN keep it all for yourselves.

You, you....Canadians!

Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few of them. All mine are brand new unfired.
View Quote
A certain store nearby just got a shipment of them that were police issued. This had some handling and rack wear, but no shots...yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A certain store nearby just got a shipment of them that were police issued. This had some handling and rack wear, but no shots...yet.
View Quote
I got the pick of the litter. Some of them were brand new in the bag. But it also depends on your collection, some guys want the bin there done that condition, were I prefer the mint stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Man this is a cool upper assembly. I really dig the contour of the barrel. How available is stuff like this up there, can I just drive to Canada and purchase one of these? I live just a few hours south of the border.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice. Totes jelly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]
It is too cold in Canada for that upper...
Send to Florida pronto!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Man this is a cool upper assembly. I really dig the contour of the barrel. How available is stuff like this up there, can I just drive to Canada and purchase one of these? I live just a few hours south of the border.
View Quote
Barrels are non importable.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#18]
My SFW wants to be friends.

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not importable for you guys unfortunately.

You can easily clone the barrel by turning down 14.5” government profile.  Dimensions have been posted on here in the past.  A few in Canada have done it in the past as these uppers have only recently become available to civilians.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
That is way cool, thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#21]

My Norwegian SFW wants to play.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice FSB.

Is the barrel true SFW as well?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hot damn, solid FSB and all, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know how much someone would pay for that upper in the US? I know they are super rare in the states but I may have a line on one not sure the config though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Something was dropped off on my desk at work this morning, definitely wasn't expecting it.

It's a vertical grip from the C9A1 LMG. These were pretty sought after during the Baltics and early Afghanistan to be used as vertical grips on C7/C8's.

I added a picture to my original post with the grip installed the C8 upper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, that is cool!

Any line on more LMG  grips?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Man, that is cool!

Any line on more LMG  grips?
View Quote
Negative, it's weird this one even survived so long. The last of the C9A1 that they go with were upgraded to A2 shortly after 2010.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Lerch641,  that looks real nice.  If someone is looking for a clone barrel,  this one might work.

14.5 lightweight barrel
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:39:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My SFW wants to be friends.

https://i.imgur.com/g9xd99S.jpg
View Quote
Nice A2 carry handle! I've bought and sold Diemaco A1 carry handles in the past, but I never have handled a Diemaco A2 carry handle sight in real life. I've seen only pictures of it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:44:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice upper! That handguard has seen better days. I wish I can get my hands on a surplus C8 upper and some IUR uppers from Canada. I am currently building a couple of C8 replicas with some real Colt Canada parts. I'm close to finishing my sourcing of all Diemaco/CC parts that I can obtain, I just need to find a few good heavy CHF barrels and maybe some Diemaco front posts.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice A2 carry handle! I've bought and sold Diemaco A1 carry handles in the past, but I never have handled a Diemaco A2 carry handle sight in real life. I've seen only pictures of it.
View Quote
Thanks for noticing. I almost went with the Diemaco fixed BUIS and an ELCAN C79, but then I remembered what a horrendous piece of garbage the M145 is, and I'm glad I went with the carry handle.

They are more rare than the Diemaco A1s and fixed BUIS down here for sure, and I'm always surprised to see what people will pay for them...

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]
The Diemaco DIS has always gone for a ridiculous premium, I'd hate to see how much an ADIS could fetch as yours is the first I've seen in the flesh.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Diemaco DIS has always gone for a ridiculous premium, I'd hate to see how much an ADIS could fetch as yours is the first I've seen in the flesh.
View Quote
The upper came with a Diemaco post in the FSB besides the ADIS. I had high hopes for a 15.9" Diemaco barrel with the proprietary chamber and progressive twist, but it is only marked with a #8.

Someone who put this upper together loved it, as I do.

I didn't pay much for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:35:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for noticing. I almost went with the Diemaco fixed BUIS and an ELCAN C79, but then I remembered what a horrendous piece of garbage the M145 is, and I'm glad I went with the carry handle.

https://i.imgur.com/wpt0iYk.jpg

They are more rare than the Diemaco A1s and fixed BUIS down here for sure, and I'm always surprised to see what people will pay for them...

https://i.imgur.com/CXp0exw.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The A2 DIS is for the LSW upper. They were made for the USMC trials back in the early 2000's. I asked the guy that was the engineer in charge of the project, he thinks they is only around 110 of the A2 DIS because that's how may uppers were produced. I had a crap load of A1 DIS at one point that I got off a PD. Most of them went to Afghanistan with 1 PPCLI or 3 PPCLI. If you see news photos with one on a C7A2 or C8A3 it was probably one of mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Here's the trial metal BUIS vs. the plastic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lerch641,  that looks real nice.  If someone is looking for a clone barrel,  this one might work.

14.5 lightweight barrel
View Quote
I had to use a gov profile barrel and then contour the barrel forward of the FSB.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea, man I can't believe what those people would pa....  Well, shit...

Guilty as charged...

Yea... That was me...

I am getting another one that is a fresh C8 take-off and it looks sweet! I also getting a Diemaco triad to go along with it all bundled for slightly less than what I paid for in that auction. My Canadian buddy got that image from Ebay, with the same electro-pencil "419," which indicates that it had passed down from quite a few previous owners.

Now that you posted that image, that reminds me of something... a little déjà vu. That "RollerSkates" guy recently tried to sell a "L119A1" upper for an absurd amount of cash. I tried to get the mint A1 carry handle with the swag, but the hidden reserve amount was too much. I estimated it to be a grand. It was later relisted with a Diemaco upper. By the way, he refused to show me additional images of the bolt carrier group to see if it was a Diemaco. The images did see a "British crown" mark to indicate a L119. I though it was a Netherlands BCG, but that is not the case. The receiver is real, but the rest of the barrel assembly is fake. Diemaco never had an overrun of British contract rifles (they did possibly with the Danish regarding IURs) also the receiver is a M4 spec and not Canadian spec. Also, the British never stamp "crowns" on their Diemaco rifles. They use NSN numbers on the receivers. I won't do business with him ever again. $5K for a faux upper, what a ripoff.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
...Now that you posted that image, that reminds me of something... a little dj vu. That "RollerSkates" guy recently tried to sell a "L119A1" upper for an absurd amount of cash. I tried to get the mint A1 carry handle with the swag, but the hidden reserve amount was too much. I estimated it to be a grand. It was later relisted with a Diemaco upper. By the way, he refused to show me additional images of the bolt carrier group to see if it was a Diemaco. The images did see a "British crown" mark to indicate a L119. I though it was a Netherlands BCG, but that is not the case. The receiver is real, but the rest of the barrel assembly is fake. Diemaco never had an overrun of British contract rifles (they did possibly with the Danish regarding IURs) also the receiver is a M4 spec and not Canadian spec. Also, the British never stamp "crowns" on their Diemaco rifles. They use NSN numbers on the receivers. I won't do business with him ever again. $5K for a faux upper, what a ripoff.
View Quote
Yeah the only contract overruns that made it to the market from Colt Canada were the Danish and British IUR uppers (Danish were 15.7" and British were 10.5" and 15.7"). Anything else than the IUR uppers is often a complete Canadian surplus upper, or built from parts that Diemaco sent down to the US as replacement parts (namely uppers).

In the meantime, my parts pile is building up for a lower;

2 position buffer tube, round buffer weight, Diemaco marked A2 grip, and all the guts from a C8 minus the sear. I went with an N1 stock as the aluminum stocks disappeared pretty quick after their introduction and any surviving pieces go fro $400+
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/diemacosights_zps14cd6f28.jpg

View Quote
Hey Rebel, you wouldn't know how to strip paint of a factory coated FDE Diemaco BUIS, would you? These are pretty rare, so I couldn't wait for a black version. If there isn't a solution, I won't bother with it. I'm just curious.

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Guilty as charged...

https://i.imgur.com/pfHKznA.jpg

Yea... That was me...

I am getting another one that is a fresh C8 take-off and it looks sweet! I also getting a Diemaco triad to go along with it all bundled for slightly less than what I paid for in that auction. My Canadian buddy got that image from Ebay, with the same electro-pencil "419," which indicates that it had passed down from quite a few previous owners.

Now that you posted that image, that reminds me of something... a little déjà vu. That "RollerSkates" guy recently tried to sell a "L119A1" upper for an absurd amount of cash. I tried to get the mint A1 carry handle with the swag, but the hidden reserve amount was too much. I estimated it to be a grand. It was later relisted with a Diemaco upper. By the way, he refused to show me additional images of the bolt carrier group to see if it was a Diemaco. The images did see a "British crown" mark to indicate a L119. I though it was a Netherlands BCG, but that is not the case. The receiver is real, but the rest of the barrel assembly is fake. Diemaco never had an overrun of British contract rifles (they did possibly with the Danish regarding IURs) also the receiver is a M4 spec and not Canadian spec. Also, the British never stamp "crowns" on their Diemaco rifles. They use NSN numbers on the receivers. I won't do business with him ever again. $5K for a faux upper, what a ripoff.

http://i63.tinypic.com/33tmp7l.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guilty as charged...

https://i.imgur.com/pfHKznA.jpg

Yea... That was me...

http://i63.tinypic.com/33tmp7l.png
I paid $750 for my CQB upper. All components of foreign rifles are inspected by EME's AKA Weapons Tech prier to fielding. All the parts are stamped with a crown, which is a acceptance stamp. Even all the trial Diemaco/Colt Canada rifles have them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hey Rebel, you wouldn't know how to strip paint of a factory coated FDE Diemaco BUIS, would you? These are pretty rare, so I couldn't wait for a black version. If there isn't a solution, I won't bother with it. I'm just curious.

https://i.imgur.com/snilYdv.jpg
View Quote
There is no factory coated FDE BUIS. The new ones are green. It was probably done in theatre. The only coated FDE kit I have seen is they trialled FDE paint C7 and C8 hand guards over in Afghanistan. Everyone just threw them in their barrack boxes and never installed them. They were also piss poorly painted. Try acetone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:06:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There is no factory coated FDE BUIS. The new ones are green. It was probably done in theatre. The only coated FDE kit I have seen is they trialled FDE paint C7 and C8 hand guards over in Afghanistan. Everyone just threw them in their barrack boxes and never installed them. They were also piss poorly painted. Try acetone.
View Quote
Hold your horses, Acetone might screw up the plastic. I know that Aceton can dissolve ABS plastic... just an fyi.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I paid $750 for my CQB upper. All components of foreign rifles are inspected by EME's AKA Weapons Tech prier to fielding. All the parts are stamped with a crown, which is a acceptance stamp. Even all the trial Diemaco/Colt Canada rifles have them.
View Quote
Did the acceptance stamps look like this? (on bolt and carrier)

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/diemacosights_zps14cd6f28.jpg

The sights aren't that rare. I have seen a whole box full of them at gun auctions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/d0gTYUC.png
https://i.imgur.com/dvD0Fmh.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/d0gTYUC.png
https://i.imgur.com/dvD0Fmh.png
That's the correct markings.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hold your horses, Acetone might screw up the plastic. I know that Aceton can dissolve ABS plastic... just an fyi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. I guess I'll re-coat it or find a replacement.

Quoted:

The sights aren't that rare. I have seen a whole box full of them at gun auctions.
It's somewhat rare in the US. I'm not saying it is extremely rare, more realistically, no one is willing to sell one online.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I had one of those A2 DIS, sold it to Rebel Rouser for cash + A1 DIS.  I’m starting to think I didn’t charge enough.

Lerch, where did you get the lower parts kit?  I think Nordic is all sold out.  Hell, where did you get the upper?  S&J still have some I think.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I had one of those A2 DIS, sold it to Rebel Rouser for cash + A1 DIS.  I’m starting to think I didn’t charge enough.

Lerch, where did you get the lower parts kit?  I think Nordic is all sold out.  Hell, where did you get the upper?  S&J still have some I think.
View Quote
And I'm very thankful for it too. It's in my display case. They might not be as rare as I think. I just talked to any collector and he just got a second A2 DIS. I know 3 people that have them and they gotten them from anywhere for free, $250CDN and $350CDN.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top