Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2021 7:37:50 PM EDT
I know lots of stuff is scarce currently but mags aren't.

However, these seem to be universally out of stock and have been.  I'm wondering if they were canceled for lack of sales or something?

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What size are you looking for, been thinking about picking some up and know a few places that have them in-stock (at least within the last week).

As far as I know they are not discontinued but I have no inside info, just speculating.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What size are you looking for, been thinking about picking some up and know a few places that have them in-stock (at least within the last week).

As far as I know they are not discontinued but I have no inside info, just speculating.
View Quote

30s.  I did see 20s in stock at one or two places.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just checked about a dozen places and wow, like locusts cleaned everything out.

If I see any in-stock I will shoot you an IM.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe just behind on production or focusing on 5.56 mags.

But - maybe related.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/global-resin-crisis/5-2434259/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been looking for 20s. I backordered some from DSG arms.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know lots of stuff is scarce currently but mags aren't.
View Quote

Mags aren't exactly scarce, but they are selling out quickly and consistently when they are in stock. Manufacturers are producing them as quickly as they can, but I frequently see many types of mags sell out, get replenished a few weeks later, and then sell out again at the major online retailers. I'd say that the rate they are being produced is keeping up with demand, but things still sell out temporarily.

It's possible Lancer has shifted more manufacturing capacity to 5.56 mags, since those are always the most popular, but I've seen no indication that they've discontinued the 300 BLK line. I'm sure you have already, but I'd stay signed up for notifications from Primary Arms, the Mag Shack, GunMagWarehouse, and others.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mags aren't exactly scarce, but they are selling out quickly and consistently when they are in stock. Manufacturers are producing them as quickly as they can, but I frequently see many types of mags sell out, get replenished a few weeks later, and then sell out again at the major online retailers. I'd say that the rate they are being produced is keeping up with demand, but things still sell out temporarily.

It's possible Lancer has shifted more manufacturing capacity to 5.56 mags, since those are always the most popular, but I've seen no indication that they've discontinued the 300 BLK line. I'm sure you have already, but I'd stay signed up for notifications from Primary Arms, the Mag Shack, GunMagWarehouse, and others.
View Quote

I can't really find GI or Magpul mags out of stock anywhere, or even 5.56 Lancers.  That's why I thought maybe something was up with these.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:48:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe just behind on production or focusing on 5.56 mags.

But - maybe related.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/global-resin-crisis/5-2434259/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

View Quote

This is probably what's going on. They're keeping pace with the rate at which the major caliber mags are selling, but only just. Brownells has gone out of stock of various colors of the L5 AWMs several times and been totally depleted twice on the L7 AWMs just in the past few months. They've been pretty quick to get L5s back in stock, but the L7s took a while to restock on, probably due to lower production rates.

EDIT: Having had a quick check, it looks like Brownells is already running low on L7s again after just restocking last week. They've disabled the option to buy 10-packs in less than 7 days. People are buying mags like crazy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't really find GI or Magpul mags out of stock anywhere, or even 5.56 Lancers.  That's why I thought maybe something was up with these.
View Quote

I see Magpul and Okay Surefeed mags go out of stock regularly on the major websites - Lanbo's, Primary Arms, GunMagWarehouse, DSG, etc. - but they usually get restocked within a few days or maybe two weeks at the most. For example, right now GMW is out of stock of all Okay 30-round mags except tan E2s. Primary Arms has everything except standard tan Okays, but I just got the restock notice for E2s yesterday. They are all turning the mags over quickly, selling them about as fast as they get them, it seems.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Check Maxim Defense!

I had been looking for months and happened upon them a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got 3 20's from Primary Arms, but I wasted $50 as they are no different than standard 5.56 mags as far as OAL for subsonics,
which is what the stated design was for. They load exactly the same and the tip of the 200gr. sub is in the same spot as a 5.56 mag.
I can see no dimensional difference in comparison except for them saying .300 blackout on them. As far as I'm concerned it's
a waste of money unless you want your mag to say .300 blackout, YMMV
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got 3 20's from Primary Arms, but I wasted $50 as they are no different than standard 5.56 mags as far as OAL for subsonics,
which is what the stated design was for. They load exactly the same and the tip of the 200gr. sub is in the same spot as a 5.56 mag.
I can see no dimensional difference in comparison except for them saying .300 blackout on them. As far as I'm concerned it's
a waste of money unless you want your mag to say .300 blackout, YMMV
View Quote

It isn’t the length, it’s the girth. (Where have we heard that before?)

The ribs that run down the sides of the mag are less pronounced on the 300 version to accommodate the bigger ogives of the subsonics.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
PA just restocked the Lancer 30s. They were probably just backlogged in the production queue for a while.

Lancer Systems L5AWM 30-Round Magazine - 300 BLK - Smoke
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top