Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2024 6:24:56 PM EDT
I've unintentionally accumulated a collection of Delta style carbine clones over the years.
Just figured I'd share a pic.

The Gordon clone is waiting on a collar from Ron for my AEM5. I'm also considering a build with the M4 suppressor and a 14.5 barrel. Anyone know a place to get a quality 14.5 pencil barrel these days?

Top one is my version of a pic I saw of a Delta operator from 1996 in Bosnia I believe. Its also set up for the AEM5.

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m digging it . Working on my own at the moment. Just need my F4 approved for my suppressor , and a red dot and a Paq4-c laser …… so much money
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
I’m digging it . Working on my own at the moment. Just need my F4 approved for my suppressor , and a red dot and a Paq4-c laser …… so much money
View Quote

It adds up quick!

I'm wanting the M4 suppressor now, which means another new upper build....
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
That Bosnia clone is sick! Whose forend is that?

I’ve got a few myself  (BHD 723 and 2 early GWOT CAG M4s). I wish I’d bought more Aimpoint 5000s when I had the chance, but who knew?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Flyit14:
I've unintentionally accumulated a collection of Delta style carbine clones over the years.
Just figured I'd share a pic.

The Gordon clone is waiting on a collar from Ron for my AEM5. I'm also considering a build with the M4 suppressor and a 14.5 barrel. Anyone know a place to get a quality 14.5 pencil barrel these days?

Top one is my version of a pic I saw of a Delta operator from 1996 in Bosnia I believe. Its also set up for the AEM5.

https://i.imgur.com/ctEIqpM.jpg
View Quote

I really dig the zip ties on the carry handle/optic on the top one.  Very cool touch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WillMunny:
That Bosnia clone is sick! Whose forend is that?

I’ve got a few myself  (BHD 723 and 2 early GWOT CAG M4s). I wish I’d bought more Aimpoint 5000s when I had the chance, but who knew?
View Quote

I think I got it from Young MFG several years ago. It’s just an aluminum free float tube that I hacked up. Actually ruined two others in the process.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool. Would love to hear how you did it – feel free to PM me.

I believe Armalite also made these forends back in the day and some Unit guys used them. A number of the other ones you see in the photos – especially Kyle Lamb’s – were custom-made by a well-known three gun shooter at the time named Jeff Cramblit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I remember the amalite ones.

For this one I just measured out where the FSB slot would be. Then I made a jig out of plywood and used an end mill bit in a router to cut away the slot in several passes.

The hardest part was drilling the holes on the side for installing the FSB pins. They’re still not really lined up right.

John Thomas actually did the final assembly and pin and weld.

He said it was a bit of a pain getting it all lined up but as usual he got it on there straight and tightened the handguard nut so tight it’ll never move I’m sure.

I also drilled smaller holes opposite the big holes so I could remove the FSB if I needed to.

The light rail is just a weaver scope base I drilled a hole for and bolted on. Same with the pic rail for the KAC grip.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice work!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#9]
Originally Posted By WillMunny:
I believe Armalite also made these forends back in the day and some Unit guys used them. A number of the other ones you see in the photos – especially Kyle Lamb’s – were custom-made by a well-known three gun shooter at the time named Jeff Cramblit.
View Quote
Kinda-sorta like this?  (Not mine, but was of that general era)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:25:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: --FLEET--] [#10]
Three builds after my own heart. I remember drooling over that toob build of yours. It was one of the guns that compelled me to grab a green H&R. I went back and forth over an A2 upper like Brad O’Neill’s (a SEAL I believe) Bosnia carbine or a flat top like Kyle Lamb’s or HaveBlue’s Sawman clone. I hope you have Canadian tuxedo to go with it. Pure class.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:
Three builds after my own heart. I remember drooling over that toob build of yours. It was one of the guns that compelled me to grab a green H&R. I went back and forth over an A2 upper like Brad O’Neill’s (a SEAL I believe) Bosnia carbine or a flat top like Kyle Lamb’s or HaveBlue’s Sawman clone. I hope you have Canadian tuxedo to go with it. Pure class.
View Quote

Still working on the Tux haha, glad I could be some inspiration. I could say the same about your HEL suppressor project!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top