Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2023 11:26:47 PM EDT
First of all I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I purchased the DD recently and I would like to be able to run it suppressed. From what I understand  I either have to buy a dedicated suppressor for this rifle or have a different, more universal, flash hider pinned and welded on this one that would work with the same suppressor for my other ARs. If these the only real options can anyone recommend a gunsmith that I could contact about this process. I live in the DFW metroplex if that makes a difference. Thank you for any help or suggestions!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Retroarmsworks.com

Adco

Class3machining

But yeah your going to need to use a proper length muzzle device for what ever suppressor qd systems you have. I’m not aware of anything that will fit a that extended DD A2 style flashhider.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

OP will still need to have it redone with shims or a peel washer; it more than likely came with a crush washer.

ETA, I'd love to hear I'm not correct as I'd like to get one but don't want the PITA to have it redone.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. I reached out to DD and this is the one they suggested. I have reached ou to them to see what other muzzle devices it would be compatible with. Being a cheapskate, I guess I am hoping I don’t have to buy new DD muzzle devices for everything.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
@theeuroguy

The DD V7 SLW is one of the finest rifles DD makes, very compact, 14.5" barrel and has a decent MLOK hand guard.  I have one and really like it.

The SLW comes with DD's version of a AR A2 flash hider, it is pin and welded to make the rifle 16.1" barrel length legal.  I dont know of any suppressor that mounts to the flash hider.

Once you settle on the suppressor brand you are going to use, then send upper off and have them remove the DD flash hider and pin and weld a muzzle device that works with the suppressor brand you are running.

I am 90% Dead Air suppressors and my DD V7 SLW still has the original DD flash hider and I plan to send it off and have a Dead Air flash hider installed.

John at Retro Arms Works does the best work I have ever seen in the pin and welding area.  He is fast, reasonable and you will not be disappointed.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You're going to have to add mounts to all of your ARs you want to suppress. It's unlikely that any of them have suppressor mounts, unless you installed them. Research suppressors. Decide what you want to go with (at least a brand or mounting pattern) and have one of those mounts (that meets the 16" minimum) pinned to the DD. Over time you can add mounts to your others. First buy the suppressor though. It takes FOREVER. The sooner you start the better. You'll have like a year to stock up on mounts.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top