Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 7:32:45 PM EDT
I have a person willing to sell this to me for $1,900.  Only 10 rounds through it.  What's the difference between the V2 and the V3, 4 and 5?  What are your thoughts fellas?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have the rifle if your still interested. Strange that no one responded to you request for info on the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a person willing to sell this to me for $1,900.  Only 10 rounds through it.  What's the difference between the V2 and the V3, 4 and 5?  What are your thoughts fellas?
View Quote

Big differences between v1/2 and v3/4/5.

V3/4/5 have adjustable gas block as a result of gassing issues V1/2.

V4/5/6 use a standard charging handle compared to the proprietary one used in v1/2.

I think the v1/2 charging handle was an annoyance that most people are/were willing to overlook.

The gassing issue was quite a bit more serious.  Lots of reports of rifles being over gassed to the point of impacting reliability when unsuppressed.  Lots of complaints about not functioning with a suppressor (without a trip to DD to add an adjustable gas block).

However, everyone agrees that the rifles are extremely accurate and very maneuverable.

They seem to be hit or miss with people... Seems like the people who can overlook the proprietary nature of the v1/2 rifles and didn't have gas issues loved them.  I've seen people say they prefer it to their scars and sr25.  But other people were turned off by reliability issues (however DD did a good job getting those rifles running from what I saw and heard) or couldn't find value add in the proprietary parts only see downside (availability of spare/replacement parts).

I ended up getting a LMT MWS which I like, but I'm still trying to find a way to put it on a diet, the DD was quite nice handling in stock form.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe 1 and 2 did not have an adjustable gas block, but did have a more refined trigger (perhaps a G of some manner).

I have not heard of a very large number people having gas issues with the earlier variants, however definitely heard of minor stories. Good news is that DD customer service is unparalleled, and even in buying used you are covered.

If I were you, I would post this in the Daniel Defense forum under Industry and seek Marler’s input in case there are other variations (handguard, barrel etc.).

@Marler5811
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top