Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2018 9:37:08 AM EDT
Hoping the HIVE mind here can shed some light on this oddball magazine as the only place I ever see it is for sale on G/B, and I have never seen any photos of ROK military troops with this mag inserted into a S. Korean licensed copy of the M-16A1, a Daewoo K 1 carbine or K 2 rifle. I own a ROK 20 rd M-16A1 mag with Korean marked baseplate, and I have a Daewoo 30 rd mag that came in with the rifles in the 80's. I keep hunting for info on this mag but so far have seen nada. I was trying to figure out if this was made for the US shooters as an after-market magazine, or if this is an actual ROK military issued mag?

From the G/B Auction description:

"Daewoo made “Tampon” style 20 round magazine for AR type rifles and pistols in 5.56mm/223 Rem. This magazine has a very unique feature. There is a cable attached to the bottom of the follower that you pull down to lock the follower in the down position. After that you just take off the back plate off and load the rounds directly into the back of the magazine, once loaded you just replace the plate and release the cable and you are ready to shoot. It is marked on the floorplate DAE-SAM 5.56mm and W-I. It is in good used condition. The black painted on finish has some small scratches and a little bit of wear near the top back edge. The spring is tight and the feed lips look great. I have never seen another one of these magazines before. "

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786251695
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It's unique, but I don't see the appeal at all.

Also, starting at $199?!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't want that turd in my gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have information regarding that magazine.

Wasn't aware of such a design.

Interesting but expensive.

Your inquiry wasn't addressed at the easy loading feature specifically but Cammenga makes easy loading magazines as shown in the included links.

Similar idea and looks more like a regular magazine when in use.

20 round (jdtbone link)

30 round (jdtbone link)
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
back in the day i seen a 50rd Lancaster mags with a steel cable to pull the follower down as you loaded

i could still load one faster with a spoon type loader
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Mag release or string pull?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Hahaha

Guys I didn't ask if it was silly, crude looking, or appears cheaply made. My question was has anyone ever seen any information on these odd mags (old advertisements, photos of them in use, etc.).

These really don't look like a ROK military issue item, as my other ROK issued mags are identical to AR15 20 and 30 round USGI mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hahaha

Guys I didn't ask if it was silly, crude looking, or appears cheaply made. My question was has anyone ever seen any information on these odd mags (old advertisements, photos of them in use, etc.).

These really don't look like a ROK military issue item, as my other ROK issued mags are identical to AR15 20 and 30 round USGI mags.
View Quote
That’s the response you will get in the “technical” forum.  It’s devolved into a fan site.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top