Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 3:59:35 PM EDT
Hello all,

Just picked up a light for my never ending new build and i'm newer to lights and AR's. Curious on the position on the rail. After messing around with multiple positions, this seems to work best however I always like to get another suggestions.

Currently waiting on my tail cap and tape switch.

I wish I could tuck it in a bit closer however I would like to keep the front BUIS.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#1]
That's where I put mine.

Attachment Attached File

I had to grind the right wing off the mbuis lever to get it to fit
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
That's where I put mine.

I had to grind the right wing off the mbuis lever to get it to fit
View Quote

Looks pretty similar to where I put mine, looks good
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m a lefty so mine is on the opposite side but same concept. Mine is closer to the rail just cause I don’t have BUIS on mine and when I did, they were KAC so a smaller side to side profile. I’d roll that light up till just before it touches the BUIS and see if you’re happy with that. Should still be easy enough to reach over the light and hit the center part of the BUIS if needed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
View Quote

Yes pls
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
I’m a lefty so mine is on the opposite side but same concept. Mine is closer to the rail just cause I don’t have BUIS on mine and when I did, they were KAC so a smaller side to side profile. I’d roll that light up till just before it touches the BUIS and see if you’re happy with that. Should still be easy enough to reach over the light and hit the center part of the BUIS if needed.
View Quote

It did cross my mind to look into slimmer BUIS, however not sure if its worth it to move in the light a few mm
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine are all 12:00, no BUIS's

BUT, mine are shorty pistols, with.....

I would consider some that folded and flipped to the side, but I'm running out of space.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
It's kind of hard to tell you what works for you. You sorta got to figure that out on your own. I like clocky tail caps mounted at about 10:30 or so. The button falls naturally under my thumb and I trust them over cables and shit. Doesn't make me right, but it's what I'm comfortable with.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Might just leave off the BUIS - looks way better tucked:

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dmaier83:
Might just leave off the BUIS - looks way better tucked:

https://i.postimg.cc/cvnX0s8G/IMG-0627.jpg
View Quote
If you still want BUIS, consider something lower-profile, like even the MBUS-Pros, and just set it back 2 or 3 rail slots so it's behind the light head and you can probably fit it in there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
If you still want BUIS, consider something lower-profile, like even the MBUS-Pros, and just set it back 2 or 3 rail slots so it's behind the light head and you can probably fit it in there.
View Quote

That may work, I am waiting on my tape switch to see where that will end up exactly.

I like the idea of BUIS's, however if my T2 goes out, I am probably in trouble anyway haha.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a righty, so all 4 of my rifles lights are at the same 10:30 position. They are all mounted via Arisaka mounts. 2 of them are Surefire Scouts with tape switches, which work well with inline mounts. The 3rd is a Cloud Defensive Rein 3.0 and the 4th is a Cloud 3.0 head and legacy body with a Surefire tail cap and Unity Hotbutton. Their wires are directed towards the rail, so they work better with offset mounts.

All 4 rifles have red dots that have been proven in situations that are far beyond what they'll ever see in my ownership, so I've never bothered with buis. I'm of the same mentality, that if any of them fail, I'll have way more concerns than not having buis to flip up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:42:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#13]
Originally Posted By dmaier83:
Hello all,

Just picked up a light for my never ending new build and i'm newer to lights and AR's. Curious on the position on the rail. After messing around with multiple positions, this seems to work best however I always like to get another suggestions.

Currently waiting on my tail cap and tape switch.

I wish I could tuck it in a bit closer however I would like to keep the front BUIS.

https://i.postimg.cc/XX1VmNLj/IMG-0618.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ykw76f22/IMG-0619.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bZkpZxhr/IMG-0620.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SX4qCnSr/IMG-0621.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QHBX3LYp/IMG-0622.jpg

View Quote

You must be left handed if you thumb activate?

Surely you are not fully wrapping your thumb around the grip and coming up on the opposite side are you? If you are, I suggest NOT. Put on same side as support hand. Use that grip half on the rail half on the grip with  thumb forward. Much better ergos.

If you ARE using a pressure switch, and NOT thumb actuvating, that is the correct location. Also, I personally would move that grip back, especially if you are using a pressure switch and not tailcap activating. Unless you are 6'6" or taller.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks good, I push my lights out a bit further to help with limiting suppressor shadow.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top