Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 9:37:27 AM EDT
Alright, maybe I'm bored this morning and I might even already know that answer but... I'm expecting 2 brand spank me new FC 6315 muzzle devices today and I'm not sure they will come with crush washers. Having never dealt with a crush washer on an MSR ( my experience was all peel washers)  I don't know much about their makeup, only their purpose and installation. So anyway, I'm looking around and finding Modalway and Kak, both of whom I have other items to order, want like $3 each. Well, Amazon has a pack of 10 for 9.99 prime eligible. My gut says don't but gun parts from Amazon but... it's a crush washer.

Any thoughts? I mean, it's $3... until I order 4 because it's dumb to not order extra in case I screw o e up and drop another in a volcano or something. That nets me like 2 bucks toward ammo... which is like half a bullet with no primer these days but, I  digress.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Fact: not all CWs are equal.

Opinion: shims > CWs.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy chinesium from Amazon. But I've only ever used Crush washers. Very easy to time but there is a technique. Vice your barrel or support it if vicing upper because you'll be torquing it. Then tighten to crush a little, loosen then repeat. It may take a 4-5 times to index or time your device but don't get in a hurry just tighten, release, repeat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Do not loosen a MD when timing with a CW, per the TM....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

And machining the contact area of the muzzle device > shims > crush washers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

But not an option for many.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
99 cents from OP
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have the capacity to turn down a brake. I wish I'd had experience with crush washers. Back in the day, it was all peel washers, which are little different from shims. After doing a little searching, there may be crush washers coming with my mizzle devices. It's unclear. I'll wait til they get delivered and go from there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
So, the parts came, crush washer included. If I  screw it up, I'll probably order a shim pack. Props to the shop I bought this stuff from, Premium Outfitters USA. Ordered on day, shipped the next. USPS lost it for a day but the prices were decent and it's a Veteran owned business and I appreciate the chance to send business to other Vets. Got 2 FC 6315 muzzle devices, 2 Superlative Arms adjustable GBs, and 2 Aero Nitride gas tubes. Definitely GTG.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top