Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 7:33:26 PM EDT
Will be running a Stern Glock mag adapter. Looking for the best options for a Colt style 9mm AR bolt to purchase.

We already know that PSA Hybrid, FM & BCA bolts will not work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you looking for a Colt bolt when running Glock mags?
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By edcing:
Why are you looking for a Colt bolt when running Glock mags?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not 100% but I think the QC10 9mm bolts are Colt/Glock compatible. The Glock bolts are just Colt bolts cut differently on the underside to slide between the single bullet feed magazine lips rather than the double stack Colt mags. A Glock bolt should work with either mag system. I think..
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're not familiar with why I'm asking this question, feel free to take a look at Stern's website. Anyway, anyone that can actually help feel free to post. I don't need this thread cluttered with nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
If you're not familiar with why I'm asking this question, feel free to take a look at Stern's website. Anyway, anyone that can actually help feel free to post. I don't need this thread cluttered with nonsense.
View Quote

Stern aside, Glock magazines and a Colt cut bolt don't play well together
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Recent development, the MAG-AD9 system is not compatible with New Frontier, PSA Hybrid or Foxtrot Mike bolts. This is due to the lug which strips a round off of the magazine being further from center-line as compared to Colt bolt systems. If you are looking to use these bolts with with our system we will provide bolt modification services with the purchase of a mag-ad9. The bolt must be Colt style other than the stripper lug length as indicated below.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:38:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edcing] [#7]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
View Quote

I just did. I don't understand why you are looking specifically for a Colt only bolt style.

The Stern Glock adapter takes Glock mags. You would need a Glock cut bolt to use the adapter. Says right on their website. Unless you are asking for a hybrid cut bolt
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure why the attraction to the Stern adaptor with all the hassles that seem to come with it.  There are others.  

But then, I could never do a Glock mag AR.  They just don't look right
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Not sure why the attraction to the Stern adaptor with all the hassles that seem to come with it.  There are others.  

But then, I could never do a Glock mag AR.  They just don't look right
View Quote

What others aside from the Mag-X? I believe that one is only for use with the Matador arms upper, correct?
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll just use a stern bolt. Anyone have a discount code for Stern?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top