Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2020 12:03:11 PM EDT
I know there was a similar thread in 2019, but I wasn’t able to find it again.

I stumbled across a pretty much unheard of Desert Tan variation of the Colt Cananda C8 furniture this week locally, and it’s inspired me to build a clone. The furniture set was new in the plastic, and I probably completely destroyed a good portion the value by opening it, but since I stole it for $25, I didn’t feel so terrible about breaking it open.lol Stock is marked N1, and the Desert Tan is actually a factory powder type paint.

I’ve got A LONG ways to go with this C8 “inspired” clone and have a lot to learn.

The tri-rail, CH, and ambi safety is next. I’m also going to switch it over to another SBR lower once I get my stamp for it. I also may rattle can the rest of it to go better with the furniture once switched over. Would really like to find some pics of C8’s with the Desert Tan furniture in the wild for some inspiration.

Feel free to post up pics of your clone.

By the way, if you have any info on the furniture set, please share. I haven’t been able to find out anything.

Update:

It’s coming along.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't for the life of me remember if our stocks still have the N marking...

Either way, awesome to see another thread on Canadian AR variants!
Image is being shitters, have to just link for now

So, I will try to do some digging to get the context of this photo for you.  Found it a long time ago, believe it is of the 3rd Battalion PPCLI's recce or sniper det during one of their tours to Afghanistan(could be misremembering the regiment). Either way, this is at the moment the only photo I've ever seen of our guys using tan furniture.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't for the life of me remember if our stocks still have the N marking...

Either way, awesome to see another thread on Canadian AR variants!
Image is being shitters, have to just link for now

So, I will try to do some digging to get the context of this photo for you.  Found it a long time ago, believe it is of the 3rd Battalion PPCLI's recce or sniper det during one of their tours to Afghanistan(could be misremembering the regiment). Either way, this is at the moment the only photo I've ever seen of our guys using tan furniture.
View Quote
That’s the set!! Awesome, thanks! I spent hours searching for pics and didn’t come up with anything. I was hoping to one of Canadian members would chime in.

This set was packaged in 2002, so I’m assuming the contract didn’t last far into the Iraqi/Afghan wars. The Canada Defense website only has gov contracts dating back to 2004. All I came up when was that the part number starting with 9 (minus the “-1” which id say indicates that it came in a complete set) is for the stock itself.

Thanks again man!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That’s the set!! Awesome, thanks! I spent hours searching for pics and didn’t come up with anything. I was hoping to one of Canadian members would chime in.

This set was packaged in 2002, so I’m assuming the contract didn’t last far into the Iraqi/Afghan wars. The Canada Defense website only has gov contracts dating back to 2004. All I came up when was that the part number starting with 9 (minus the “-1” which id say indicates that it came in a complete set) is for the stock itself.

Thanks again man!
View Quote
For sure!  It seems to have been an extremely rare set, more than likely almost all of the examples that survived have either been pulled for some future use or "walked off" post deployment.  The new set you acquired was most likely sold off to the public as overrun from the contract or sent to Colt USA for use on civilian/LEO 6920 series rifles.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular model of C8 you are aiming to clone?  What you have there(if it is an HBAR under the handguards) is most reminiscent of the short lived C8A2, which was the first flat top model fielded.  Quickly superseded by the C8FTHB and eventually the C8A3.

Here
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For sure!  It seems to have been an extremely rare set, more than likely almost all of the examples that survived have either been pulled for some future use or "walked off" post deployment.  The new set you acquired was most likely sold off to the public as overrun from the contract or sent to Colt USA for use on civilian/LEO 6920 series rifles.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular model of C8 you are aiming to clone?  What you have there(if it is an HBAR under the handguards) is most reminiscent of the short lived C8A2, which was the first flat top model fielded.  Quickly superseded by the C8FTHB and eventually the C8A3.

Here
View Quote
The guy I purchased it off of was a veteran. I had asked if he knew who made it, and he said he didn’t, that he had taken it in on trade and knew it was military surplus. That’s when he sent the pic of the sticker and I saw the cage code and jumped on it. It sat on Armslist for two weeks lol. Just looked like a cheap set of furniture if you didn’t know what you were looking at. I noticed the ribs on the stock and knew it had to either be an N1 stock or a good knock off.

I hate that I took it out of the pack being so rare, but I just can’t look at stuff in a plastic bag or justify it taking up space in the safe. I’m keeping the bag though, and did open it diligently.

I’m going for a C8A2 clone. It’s a Socom barrel, which I guess isn’t correct, but I’m not opposed to getting an HBAR barrel for it. I just threw 2 Socom uppers together in the past couple of weeks, and this particular one just had a set of cheap M4 handguards on it. I was waiting to get a RAS rail before finding this set.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s the pic Frost-04 shared

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The guy I purchased it off of was a veteran. I had asked if he knew who made it, and he said he didn’t, that he had taken it in on trade and knew it was military surplus. That’s when he sent the pic of the sticker and I saw the cage code and jumped on it. It sat on Armslist for two weeks lol. Just looked like a cheap set of furniture if you didn’t know what you were looking at. I noticed the ribs on the stock and knew it had to either be an N1 stock or a good knock off.

I hate that I took it out of the pack being so rare, but I just can’t look at stuff in a plastic bag or justify it taking up space in the safe. I’m keeping the bag though, and did open it diligently.

I’m going for a C8A2 clone. It’s a Socom barrel, which I guess isn’t correct, but I’m not opposed to getting an HBAR barrel for it. I just threw 2 Socom uppers together in the past couple of weeks, and this particular one just had a set of cheap M4 handguards on it. I was waiting to get a RAS rail before finding this set.
View Quote
Rare is rare but I think some military history deserves to used more than sit on a shelf gathering dust(other than museum pieces).

The A2 is probably the easiest to clone in the States as the barrel profile is easier to come by.  An Armalite, Colt(ideally) or FN HBAR or Socom profile is closest to the original Diemaco/Colt Canada, as it was essentially just a cold hammer forged version of Colt's traditional HBARs. Technically, unless I am misremembering, there is a discrepancy in the number of rail slots on the true Diemaco uppers, depending on generation(believe our uppers were not originally to true Mil-Standard 1913, somewhere between that and Weaver). The next step, if you are satisfied with the barrel and upper set up, would be to find one of BCM's Tri-Ad rail clones, and source Cadex picatinny rail sections for the handguard.  Typically, other than a near unobtanium Diemaco foregrip, the most "correct" vertical grips are either Cadex folding models in green, or a KAC broomhandle(typically only if the user had added a RIS/RAS as per their unit). You probably have seen all this already, just adding my two cents.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Rare is rare but I think some military history deserves to used more than sit on a shelf gathering dust(other than museum pieces).

The A2 is probably the easiest to clone in the States as the barrel profile is easier to come by.  An Armalite, Colt(ideally) or FN HBAR or Socom profile is closest to the original Diemaco/Colt Canada, as it was essentially just a cold hammer forged version of Colt's traditional HBARs. Technically, unless I am misremembering, there is a discrepancy in the number of rail slots on the true Diemaco uppers, depending on generation(believe our uppers were not originally to true Mil-Standard 1913, somewhere between that and Weaver). The next step, if you are satisfied with the barrel and upper set up, would be to find one of BCM's Tri-Ad rail clones, and source Cadex picatinny rail sections for the handguard.  Typically, other than a near unobtanium Diemaco foregrip, the most "correct" vertical grips are either Cadex folding models in green, or a KAC broomhandle(typically only if the user had added a RIS/RAS as per their unit). You probably have seen all this already, just adding my two cents.
View Quote
I completely agree. I have a few other semi rare pieces, all of which get used as much as everything else.

Yeah, looks like the guy in the middle has the tan Cadex vertical grip. I found them on Cadex’s website and it looks like they give the option to ship to the US. Problem is that shipping is around $35!lol I’ll ask around on a few forums, but honestly, $90 isn’t too bad. Good to know the picatinny rails are also Cadex. I wasn’t sure. I didn’t check to see if Cadex still offers them when I was looking for the vertical grips earlier, but if so, and if I get the grip from them, I can add the rails to the order. I have a WTB listing for the Tri-Ad. No luck so far. I actually reached out to BCM too to see if they just happened to have some laying around. Nope. I’m sure it’s not going to be an easy piece of the clone to find. I’d like to find a butt pad too.

The barrel is a Remington Socom barrel (contract overrun). The other Socom upper I built was with a Colt barrel, so I can easily swap them around just to get a little closer to correct. I had went with the Remington and the Colt for accuracy comparison, and surprisingly enough, the Remington grouped as well as the Colt. So function wise, I’d be happy with either barrels for the clone. I’ll check around for an HBAR too though. If I can get one for a decent price, I’ll just do that.

I’ve heard the correct Elcans for the clone aren’t that great, or not very durable. Could be BS, and haven’t really looked much farther into them. I’d be happy with just the carry handle for this rifle though. I have plenty with optics, and would like to keep at least one of my rifles with just irons.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have nothing technical to add...just wanna say that’s pretty cool and a good score on that furniture. I think the Sand colored pmags would be a nice touch to use with that one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
That's cool as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#10]
CAGE code on your paperwork (2C085) is Colt Canada, so I guess they made them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#11]
For what it's worth, someone saw the questions about this furniture set posted on US sites and reposted the questions onto canadiangunnutz.com.  A couple of folks immediately came back that they had seen this furniture on issued rifles in Afghanistan, apparently in very limited quantities.  One guy did have a photo to offer.

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, someone saw the questions about this furniture set posted on US sites and reposted the questions onto canadiangunnutz.com.  A couple of folks immediately came back that they had seen this furniture on issued rifles in Afghanistan, apparently in very limited quantities.  One guy did have a photo to offer.

https://i.imgur.com/tfAd9y0.jpg
View Quote
I believe that was user gaige on Akfiles that posted over on canadiangunnutz. Can you try to post the pic again? Something went wrong. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I completely agree. I have a few other semi rare pieces, all of which get used as much as everything else.

Yeah, looks like the guy in the middle has the tan Cadex vertical grip. I found them on Cadex’s website and it looks like they give the option to ship to the US. Problem is that shipping is around $35!lol I’ll ask around on a few forums, but honestly, $90 isn’t too bad. Good to know the picatinny rails are also Cadex. I wasn’t sure. I didn’t check to see if Cadex still offers them when I was looking for the vertical grips earlier, but if so, and if I get the grip from them, I can add the rails to the order. I have a WTB listing for the Tri-Ad. No luck so far. I actually reached out to BCM too to see if they just happened to have some laying around. Nope. I’m sure it’s not going to be an easy piece of the clone to find. I’d like to find a butt pad too.

The barrel is a Remington Socom barrel (contract overrun). The other Socom upper I built was with a Colt barrel, so I can easily swap them around just to get a little closer to correct. I had went with the Remington and the Colt for accuracy comparison, and surprisingly enough, the Remington grouped as well as the Colt. So function wise, I’d be happy with either barrels for the clone. I’ll check around for an HBAR too though. If I can get one for a decent price, I’ll just do that.

I’ve heard the correct Elcans for the clone aren’t that great, or not very durable. Could be BS, and haven’t really looked much farther into them. I’d be happy with just the carry handle for this rifle though. I have plenty with optics, and would like to keep at least one of my rifles with just irons.
View Quote
I agree with your choices for that. If you want to get as correct as you can profile wise, I'd say the FN HBAR barrels they use on a handful of their own rifles(and I believe some PSA's?) would be closest as it is an HBAR and is cold-hammer forged, the same process Diemaco/CC uses for barrels.

The Canadian Forces issued Elcan C79 is very similar to the M145 optic issued for US machine guns(seem to be less favored these days?) and is called the SpectreOS3.5x by Elcan.  It is relatively durable, though I've seen more of those break than I've ever heard of the Trijicon ACOG units going down. The biggest weakness of the Force's selected model is the wingnuts used to mount it. These are essentially only hand tightened down and have a habit of becoming loose increasingly frequently when the sight has been used or abused for a period of time(as any issued optic certainly will). I would argue that if the C79 had the same style of mount as an ACOG or the M145, it would have a much better reputation and service life.

For C8 carbines, older EoTech models are also period correct for the Afghan War.  Believe it was the 552 model that was issued at the time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree with your choices for that. If you want to get as correct as you can profile wise, I'd say the FN HBAR barrels they use on a handful of their own rifles(and I believe some PSA's?) would be closest as it is an HBAR and is cold-hammer forged, the same process Diemaco/CC uses for barrels.

The Canadian Forces issued Elcan C79 is very similar to the M145 optic issued for US machine guns(seem to be less favored these days?) and is called the SpectreOS3.5x by Elcan.  It is relatively durable, though I've seen more of those break than I've ever heard of the Trijicon ACOG units going down. The biggest weakness of the Force's selected model is the wingnuts used to mount it. These are essentially only hand tightened down and have a habit of becoming loose increasingly frequently when the sight has been used or abused for a period of time(as any issued optic certainly will). I would argue that if the C79 had the same style of mount as an ACOG or the M145, it would have a much better reputation and service life.

For C8 carbines, older EoTech models are also period correct for the Afghan War.  Believe it was the 552 model that was issued at the time.
View Quote
I’ll look into the FN barrels. I ran across a Colt barrel I didn’t know existed, but it’d probably be near impossible to find. It’s the XM4 heavy barrel. The Remington is actually CHF CL. The C8A2 barrels didn’t have the M203 cuts, right?

I may actually go with this older Eotech. Funny you mentioned that, I just stumbled across this pic a few minutes ago. Was coming here to share.

This would be a little cheaper to clone, but I’m really liking the middle rifle in the first pic. May do a combination.

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#15]
To my knowledge, the A2 had no cuts under the handguard, only the front of the barrel past the FSB was of the traditional M4 profile.  If your barrel is CHF then I'd say you're about as close as is reasonable in the States.  The 14.5 HBAR from the A2 is rare enough as is in Canada(there's a chap selling a complete C8A2 clone for about 3k$ CAD presently, sans any optics) and would be unobtanium in the US.

The EoTech is definitely the more affordable of the options for optics.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To my knowledge, the A2 had no cuts under the handguard, only the front of the barrel past the FSB was of the traditional M4 profile.  If your barrel is CHF then I'd say you're about as close as is reasonable in the States.  The 14.5 HBAR from the A2 is rare enough as is in Canada(there's a chap selling a complete C8A2 clone for about 3k$ CAD presently, sans any optics) and would be unobtanium in the US.

The EoTech is definitely the more affordable of the options for optics.
View Quote
Agreed. I’ll just keep it on the Rem. It’ll be a good build for an already interesting barrel.

Looks like I’ll be looking for a 522. Just missed one in the EE. I actually just got and ran my first Eotech this week (exps). It’s an awesome optic, so I’m sure I’ll like the 522.

I appreciate all the help man! By the way, Alberta is a beautiful place. I took the wife there in Oct of 18. This was a pic I took off of highway 93. We pulled off on the side of the road and just followed the river walking. Highlight of the trip. Beat the hell out of the touristy stuff.

Edit: Here’s the spot actually:

Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’ll look into the FN barrels. I ran across a Colt barrel I didn’t know existed, but it’d probably be near impossible to find. It’s the XM4 heavy barrel. The Remington is actually CHF CL. The C8A2 barrels didn’t have the M203 cuts, right?

I may actually go with this older Eotech. Funny you mentioned that, I just stumbled across this pic a few minutes ago. Was coming here to share.

This would be a little cheaper to clone, but I’m really liking the middle rifle in the first pic. May do a combination.

https://i.imgur.com/myYbgGkl.jpg
View Quote
Did you actually come across an XM4 barrel?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you actually come across an XM4 barrel?
View Quote
Not across an available XM4 Heavy barrel. Fidelis Firearms had one listed at one point. No telling when that was, but it’s showing as sold.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not across an available XM4 Heavy barrel. Fidelis Firearms had one listed at one point. No telling when that was, but it’s showing as sold.
View Quote
Apex XM4

Call Apex. You might get lucky.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Apex XM4

Call Apex. You might get lucky.
View Quote
Unfortunately those are the XM4’s with the standard gov profile barrels. Unless Apex got the description wrong.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I believe that was user gaige on Akfiles that posted over on canadiangunnutz. Can you try to post the pic again? Something went wrong. Thanks!
View Quote
Okay, it looked good from here, but for anyone else who can't see it here it is again via postimage instead of imgur:
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#23]
After TONS of research, I found a treasure trove of examples of the tan furniture being used. Looks like it was the !st Battalion, PPCLI (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry) that had a small number issued to them. There are several in the video. They were deployed in the Zhari District of Afghanistan during most of 2008. All pictures found, other than the one of the soldier in the green uniform at what appears to be an armory, were taken at the same time and place. Pretty neat stuff!

On a different note, I found the tri-rail, and am still searching for other parts for the C8A2 clone. Not been easy. I may also try to find a Diemaco upper, and swap it out with the upper I’m using now.

Op Archer Firefight with Narration part 1

Op Archer Firefight with Narration part 2
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
It’s slowly coming along. Thanks to mooninite, I have the rail.

I have a Diemaco upper on the way and will be swapping it out with the upper I have installed now. Also ordered the picatinny rail panel and folding vertical grip from Cadex. I was afraid they’d reject my order because of import/export laws, but I got a notice that the order processed today. No shipping info yet. They absolutely raped me on shipping. $30!

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I went this route.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I've wanted a Dutch C7 clone for some time.  I really like that forend.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've wanted a Dutch C7 clone for some time.  I really like that forend.

https://i.imgur.com/egNAQEw.jpg
View Quote
Easy man. I can’t afford to want another clone lol wonder how hard that forend would be to get in the states...

Eta: I’ve never seen a mag release like that either. Looks like I have some research to do lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Received my surplus C8 upper and parts kit today. Didn't want to spend $300 on a CC lower so decided to go with a psa m4a1 lower and do an idf clone with this one. Just waiting on the lower to get here from the States.

Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Received my surplus C8 upper and parts kit today. Didn't want to spend $300 on a CC lower so decided to go with a psa m4a1 lower and do an idf clone with this one. Just waiting on the lower to get here from the States.

https://i.imgur.com/0nwX7VO.jpg?1
View Quote
So jealous! Wish we could have Diemaco/Colt Canada in the U.S. I have a C8 clone I built using all Colt USA parts (barrel is BCM C8 SFW) and was able to scrounge up a Diemaco upper, BCG, and Tri-Mount. But I would love to get a Diemaco 15.8” C-8 SFW barrel. I will be getting the  carbine Stock, Pistol Grip, and six holed carbine hand guards (all Colt USA) cerekoted Noveske Bazooka Green

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So jealous! Wish we could have Diemaco/Colt Canada in the U.S. I have a C8 clone I built using all Colt USA parts (barrel is BCM C8 SFW) and was able to scrounge up a Diemaco upper, BCG, and Tri-Mount. But I would love to get a Diemaco 15.8” C-8 SFW barrel. I will be getting the  carbine Stock, Pistol Grip, and six holed carbine hand guards (all Colt USA) cerekoted Noveske Bazooka Green

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111856/60FFD989-F113-4170-A431-712E98AD429D_jpe-1280702.JPG
View Quote
@veeklog
That looks great  I wanted one of those years ago but eventually gave up and went with a copy of my issued M4 and the new URG-I upper.  Yours is the BCM with a 16" barrel and the issued C8A3 was a 15.8.  Maybe it is my OCD but the 16 looks longer than a 1/4" difference from the 15.8.  Looks longer from the FSB to the Simon Sleeve to me. Either way yours looks good.  What optic were you putting on that?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@veeklog
That looks great  I wanted one of those years ago but eventually gave up and went with a copy of my issued M4 and the new URG-I upper.  Yours is the BCM with a 16" barrel and the issued C8A3 was a 15.8.  Maybe it is my OCD but the 16 looks longer than a 1/4" difference from the 15.8.  Looks longer from the FSB to the Simon Sleeve to me. Either way yours looks good.  What optic were you putting on that?
View Quote
I heard the issued optic is the Eotech 552, but I read somewhere they went to ACOG's. I have a spare Eotech to put on the rifle
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I heard the issued optic is the Eotech 552, but I read somewhere they went to ACOG's. I have a spare Eotech to put on the rifle
View Quote
I've generally seen EoTechs or ELCANs
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Where to find the tan\fde furniture?
Have the rest.
Ideas or links?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where to find the tan\fde furniture?
Have the rest.
Ideas or links?
View Quote
The guy I bought it off of said he couldn’t remember where he got the set (yes it’s a full set). I would say he was stationed with some Canadians at some point and the set “fell off the back of a truck”. He did say he had gotten it in a trade, but offered no other details.

Here’s the original link. Like I said, it sat for 2 weeks before I came across it and just so happened to recognize the N1 stock, and then the cage code after he sent me a closer pic.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/11052706/chattanooga-tennessee-gun-parts-for-sale--ar-parts-kit-tan
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Diemaco threads are always great. I am currently building out a CANSOF C8 with an AEM3. Have a Diemaco AF upper reprofiled to Canadian spec and anodized CC Grey, Colt 11.5” FBI HBAR, CC Ambi Charging Handle, Diemaco BUIS, SE Vortex FH for Ops Inc cans, full green furniture set, and a Colt BCG. Just need a non-F shaved lug FSB to put my skinny Diemaco sight post in and call it a day. It’ll likely get the Canadian RAS as well, since i’ve never actually seen the skinny handguards with the Ops Inc can in the wild. Also eventually a Diemaco BCG

I’ll post some pics up soon once i get the new FSB
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#37]
It’s coming along! Just lack the Eotech, ambi selector and CH, and may get a correct sling if I can find one.

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Where are you guys getting the tri rails?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Not sure how to post images. ^^^

PSA upper and lower
Bushmaster HG
Colt N 1 CAR stock with rubber pad
Cadex tri rail
Ambi saftey
Ambi CH
Sig cp1 3x
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Where are you guys getting the tri rails?
View Quote
I got really lucky and found a BCM Diemaco clone after a couple of weeks of searching by posting a WTB ad on here. The Eotech 552 has been harder for me to find for some reasonlol
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know what color green they use?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone know what color green they use?
View Quote
They use their own shade, called Canadian Average Green
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#44]
All I need is a Diemaco barrel
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you find a source, let me know. I’ve never seen one for sale separate from a complete rifle
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you find a source, let me know. I’ve never seen one for sale separate from a complete rifle
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve seen a few complete uppers on gun broker but they are way over priced, and then how do you know it’s actually a Diemaco?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Finally put together my surplus C8 parts together on a psa lower receiver.

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Finally put together my surplus C8 parts together
View Quote

I am SO SUPER JEALOUS of those parts kits. I would buy 5 if they would ship them.

Here is Green:

https://imgur.com/g9xd99S

Also- AVOID THE BCM TRI RAIL- it is an airsoft part. I had to ship it back to them immediately and THEN got hit with the old store-credit vs. restocking-fee screw.

Source the correct gray Diemaco part. It's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm awaiting on some parts for a C7a2 / SA80 "clone".  Not exact, but I like the setup, so I'm going to for it.  I like the simplicity of the non-railed guards for my uses.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Great Job! Looks excellent.  Perfect would be the Colt Canada lowers you guys can get.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top