Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2020 8:12:57 PM EDT
I had to save and bring back to life this dry, dirty, sad looking and lonely rifle hanging on the LGS wall.

Maybe it was the Tasco scope with B square mount that put off potential buyers. I removed that quickly. It’s a Colt AR-15 A2 sporter II from 1987 (R6500) with field sights.

With the 1975 SP1 I bought 2 years ago

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Good save and nice pair.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
nice pair brother...how much was the a2?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
$ 1250.- for the A2. The SP1 was $ 1500.-, that’s in Switzerland
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
She is a real beauty.

Thank you for the pictures.

You have put together a really nice collection of Colt rifles and carbins. I have to say I envy you ...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Sighted both in properly at the 50 meters indoor range

Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I envy your rifle I just got one yesterday not as nice as yours but it was a gift for some brush clearing that took about 3 hours.

Colt Match Target HBAR it was a bit dusty but it’s all cleaned up now. By the way it’s never been fired!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I envy your rifle I just got one yesterday not as nice as yours but it was a gift for some brush clearing that took about 3 hours.

Colt Match Target HBAR it was a bit dusty but it’s all cleaned up now. By the way it’s never been fired!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476203/ED59F6CB-D10C-4172-814D-D5EFBD815160_jpe-1284340.JPG
View Quote
Your cleared some brush for 3 hours and received this rifle as a token of appreciation ? Damn, I’m in the wrong business. Nice rifle, thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
My AR15A2 Sporter II was the early model with slab side upper (no deflector or forward assist)
First gun I ever bought brand new, back in 1985

Sent it to a museum, in Switzerland, funnily enough back when they were banned here.
Contacted the museum - seems the member of staff I addressed it to may have neglected to take it to work to put on display - fucker stole it!!
….and my Iver Johnson M1 carbine too

Great rifle - still got the factory manual and some accessories that came with it
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My AR15A2 Sporter II was the early model with slab side upper (no deflector or forward assist)
First gun I ever bought brand new, back in 1985

Sent it to a museum, in Switzerland, funnily enough back when they were banned here.
Contacted the museum - seems the member of staff I addressed it to may have neglected to take it to work to put on display - fucker stole it!!
….and my Iver Johnson M1 carbine too

Great rifle - still got the factory manual and some accessories that came with it
View Quote
Damn that’s nasty, you do a good deed by sending it to a museum rather than having the British authorities melt it, and it gets stolen ? Sounds like a scam from the start, as a Swiss museum would likely have more interest in a military M16 rather than a civilian sporter, and M16s are available here.

When did they get banned ?

I don’t have a manual if you want to do a good deed with an honest guy this time
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She is a real beauty.

You have put together a really nice collection of Colt rifles and carbins. I have to say I envy you ...
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your cleared some brush for 3 hours and received this rifle as a token of appreciation ? Damn, I’m in the wrong business. Nice rifle, thanks for posting.
View Quote
It wasn’t really work just helping out a friend and he surprised me with that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:11:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It wasn’t really work just helping out a friend and he surprised me with that.
View Quote
These things still happen between real good friends, comrads and brothers. Not too often, but they do. I am sure this make it a very special piece for you. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
She is a real beauty.

View Quote
Thanks, as you maybe saw I have an M16 A2 on the way, should be with me end of this week. I don’t mind having a civilian and a military one.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top