Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2022 9:50:46 AM EDT
Just got this for cheap in some kind of gun recycle shop.
Based on pictures I could find all late production 3X20s had those fat Colt marks printed right above the words "3X20", not like this one.
Also it has philips mount screws, and a plain turret cap slot.
I think it's a.....replica? But it I'm not sure since I've never seen a real one before.
Can you fine learned gents tell me who made this thing: Realist, Hakko or Norinco?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like a fake to me personally. The logo looks like the font of the T in Colt is wrong, the locking handle has weird geometry, and the font combo of the logo and 3x20 doesn't look like anything I've seen before. It also looks a little long to me. But hey, there are a lot of weird variations of these running around too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a bit too long and lacks of that little edge all the other 3X20s had on the front half of the body.
But yeah lots of funny looking 3x20s exist and hard to tell what is what. I'll take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got into the Colt scope world recently so far from an expert..
Philips screws suggest it’s a clone…
Also looks like a 4x body with 3x markings
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
the phillips head screws give it away as being a knock off
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the phillips head screws give it away as being a knock off
View Quote

Thinking the same - What is it engraved as being manufacturred?  e.g. "Made in Japan", etc???
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The side profile of the Tube doesn’t look right. Looks slightly too long for 3x, looks more like a 90’s 4x…
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
this thread gives me a sick feeling in the gut.  I had a Colt scope back in the early 90's that someone gave me along with a box of AK mags.

I was interested in the Mags but not the scope because in my mind, I never imagined I would own an AR15.

I wanted the mags because I was told they would fit my SKS.  After I tried every one, and obviously they didnt fit, I traded them for a box of ammo each (20 round box). Thankfully I got the correct ammo

Then to top it all off, I traded the Colt scope for a chinese SKS scope w/ mount from the Shotgun News.

These were my first gun dealings, and I had much to learn
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top