Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 1:29:52 PM EDT
So I've finished my first AR build, but when I went to fire it my stock wouldn't stay in position. Every time I would fire with it extended to where it was comfortable for me it would collapse in on itself.
I have 2 guesses for what is causing that, my first guess is that it was a used stock and maybe the locking mechanism is broken.
My second guess is that its a daniel defense buttstock on an aero buffer tube, maybe they aren't perfectly compatible?
I have since ordered a new daniel defense stock (I had planned to anyway because I had wanted to do a multicolored theme originally but I decided I didn't like it once it was built) and now im wondering if I need to replace the buffer tube as well? I'd have ordered one from DD at the same time if it was in stock but of course, its not.
Am I correct in assuming what the problem is? Or is there another problem that im not seeing?
I appreciate any help given
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you can adjust the locking pin length. Most can be adjusted after using a punch on the roll pin.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See if you can adjust the locking pin length. Most can be adjusted after using a punch on the roll pin.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top