Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2020 7:38:34 PM EDT
I bought 37mm Cobray flare launcher from a member not long ago, the trigger spring is done. It completely fails to ignite the 12 gauge primers on the 37mm rounds, very soft strike and barely leaves a mark.

I’ve looked all over and cannot find a replacement. You guys are pretty good here at finding oddball stuff so I ask your help, anyone know where I can find one ? Google searching leaves my dry.

TIA.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
"Original Cobray Replacement Parts, 37mm Flare Launchers And Accessories For All Cobray M11, M10, M12 SWD M11, M12 RPB M10/45, M10/9, M11/380 MAC M10/45, M10/9, M11/380 Leinad PM11, PM12 and The Ingram Line of Firearms."

HERE

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tigerwelder, I searched the site and fired off a few emails and haven’t gotten any response so we’ll give a call. Doesn’t seem to be much of an alternative for parts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you need a striker spring instead? Most strikers use a round compression spring, you could probably find a nominal off the shelf size and cut to length. Would probably need to try a couple different weights.

I have a Cobray, I might crack it open tonight and have a look inside.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey OP, I'd ask in the Destructive Device subforum. You'll probably get more ideas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you need a striker spring instead? Most strikers use a round compression spring, you could probably find a nominal off the shelf size and cut to length.
View Quote
This.

If you can find a local gunsmith with a drawer o' springs (and all the good ones have one) they should be able to fix this quickly and inexpensively.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This.

If you can find a local gunsmith with a drawer o' springs (and all the good ones have one) they should be able to fix this quickly and inexpensively.
View Quote

He's right about gunsmiths and springs.

Dad was a gunsmith. Has plastic tubes with literally 100's of springs of various sizes and weights
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Curious here too. The unit I recently picked up is missing the front mounting hardware.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spazc:
Curious here too. The unit I recently picked up is missing the front mounting hardware. 

View Quote

You mean the barrel mount or the clevis pin for attaching to the barrel mount?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The actual mount. I can find an appropriate clevis pin no problem. When my buddy gave me the launcher it only had the rear mount that goes into the barrel nut. But not the front block and strap that goes around the barrel.

Emailed Cobray and they said they didn't have any available.

Based off my scouring of the internet I'm already assuming I'm going to just have to make one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Spazc:
The actual mount. I can find an appropriate clevis pin no problem. When my buddy gave me the launcher it only had the rear mount that goes into the barrel nut. But not the front block and strap that goes around the barrel. 

Emailed Cobray and they said they didn't have any available. 

Based off my scouring of the internet I'm already assuming I'm going to just have to make one.
View Quote

It's really basic and you can probably make one far superior to the factory one. I can get you pics and dimensions of the one I have if you need.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Pics and some measurements would be fantastic and Much appreciated.

I know the inside of the channel mic's out to .50 in. was thinking about using some aluminum or steel barstock as a starting point.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top