BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2020 11:50:17 AM EDT
Anyone heard any updates on a release date for the Rein? Has some pretty compelling features but if it’s a year plus out I may just settle for an Arisaka or Modlight
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard anything but i wouldnt say you would be settling with modlite.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone heard any updates on a release date for the Rein? Has some pretty compelling features but if it’s a year plus out I may just settle for an Arisaka or Modlight
View Quote

It was supposed to be released in April. They're delayed due to COVID and shit but it's been a solid 3 months now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Better off getting a modlite.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They said another 6-7 weeks according to this post on instagram.

View this post on Instagram

Here she is. The first good look at the remote switch for the REIN. A few things the world needs to know. 1) @sixfiguretalent took this from concept to completion. We spent many-a-hour obsessing over this. 2) Both Momentary and Constant-On capability.  3) Fully submersible to any realistic depth you want to go. Just like the REIN. IPX8 rated. Nobody else can say that.  4) You are looking at a proprietary switch, made in-house by us (like everything else).  5) The cable does not exit at the rear of the switch. We think it makes no sense to do that. The lights are in front of the switch. \ud83d\ude02 Rear-exit cables are a failure point. They also create cable-control issues. So we exit the cable from the switch on the bottom. 6) The switch is housed in a 3rd Generation LCS. Welcome to the future as they say. And yes, it has dual cable channels so you can do just anything you need to do with cables.  7) This is NOT compatible with any other light system. The switch is too good for anything but REIN. #justbeinghonest 8) Standard length is 5\u201d on the cable. With a bottom-exit cable that is more than enough.  9) We will offer shorter cable lengths for the SBR guys and guys running IR. #becauseweareshooters 10) The switch will be available in black and FDE. Along with the REIN. \ud83d\udc4a . . .  Thanks for the support and patience, it\u2019s appreciated. Nobody wants to ship this system more than we do. It is all in production now and they are coming in sooner than later. The best ETA we can give it this time is 6-7 weeks. We apologize for the delays but the good news is that these remote switches should be available when the light is ready as well. So get ready. #itsabouttorein #blessthereins #cdrein #clouddefensive #madeinusa #shitsabouttogetreal

A post shared by Cloud Defensive LLC (@clouddefensive) on

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
REIN now for sale via email link, FDE available 11th; 18650/350
Edit: site wonky, can't add to cart
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Supposedly these are out, but I couldn't find any actually available, maybe my googlefu is weak. Cloud defensive is saying to visit their website and that they're available now, but the website still shows "notify me" maybe I'm slow and they sold out already, IDK.

I'm very interested to hear some reviews once some people have some time with these.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposedly these are out, but I couldn't find any actually available, maybe my googlefu is weak. Cloud defensive is saying to visit their website and that they're available now, but the website still shows "notify me" maybe I'm slow and they sold out already, IDK.

I'm very interested to hear some reviews once some people have some time with these.
View Quote

They were available today at 11am EST.

You needed to check under the “store” link to purchase. They are now on backorder. They sold out of the first batch very quickly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You needed to check under the “store” link to purchase. They are now on backorder. They sold out of the first batch very quickly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, I proved that I am in fact an idiot. Thanks for pointing that out

I'm still looking forward to additional competition in this market. The 18650, standard (tailcap only, no tape switch) is still in stock at $280, so these do appear to be a bit cheaper than a Modlite. I'm excited to see how they all stack up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Was able to order mine this morning, can't wait to try it out. Too bad the mount is on back order :(
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a mini in FDE.

Excited to see how it compares to my PLHv2.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m pretty pumped, snagged a complete kit. Really happy that they allowed their leo code to be used with a new product too. Already have an arisaka in-line mount, hope they ship soon
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't wait to see reviews on these.  I loved my OWL. I liked the beam more than my Modlite, but ended up getting rid of it for battery consolidation and weight. Hopefully, this will be just as awesome as the OWL without either of the drawbacks for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
They will be released to the general public tommorrow, if you signed up for the email notification they sent you a link to purchase a day early. I have been on the notification for months.

I was able to order a complete kit in Black today and use my military discount code. Hopefully I will have it next week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a PLHV2, OKW, and now a REIN Micro. I plan to compare all three.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Curious to see reviews. My OWL is bar none the best light I've had but I think this one would be way better for a long rail carbine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I had the owl and loved it.  The new owners loves it as well, but I wanted a more traditional light set up for my longer carbine.  I snagged a complete kit in FDE on back order and a std one that was in stock for the DMR.  It’s hard to beat the owl for an SBR though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Is it just me, or does the incredibly short tape switch and wire make this pointless over the OWL?  

I have an OWL on my 6920 and eventually would like to have one on everything, but I just don’t see a point of this when the switch and light will be in essentially the same place and more things to go wrong.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a PLHV2, OKW, and now a REIN Micro. I plan to compare all three.
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the comparison!
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or does the incredibly short tape switch and wire make this pointless over the OWL?  

I have an OWL on my 6920 and eventually would like to have one on everything, but I just don’t see a point of this when the switch and light will be in essentially the same place and more things to go wrong.
View Quote

It's almost half the weight and has numerous mounting options. Absolutely a worthwhile product edition.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the comparison!
View Quote

Me, too! Waiting on delivery of my REIN and PLH v2. V2 arrives Thursday. Unsure on the REIN. It wasnt backordered when got in on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#21]
CD just posted recently that if you signed up for a rein email and didn’t get one, contact them as they want to make it right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has a 5" wire. It just looks short in some photos because you can control how much wire is exposed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It has a 5" wire. It just looks short in some photos because you can control how much wire is exposed.
View Quote

Oh, I see.  That makes a lot more sense now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh, I see.  That makes a lot more sense now.
View Quote

Yeah, it really is a legit design. I like it a lot from what I've seen. If it is durable and reliable in practice, it will be a far superior cable management system and is part of why I bought one to T&E.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, it really is a legit design. I like it a lot from what I've seen. If it is durable and reliable in practice, it will be a far superior cable management system and is part of why I bought one to T&E.
View Quote

Beyond the clean nature of the wire routing, I really adore the fact that all THREE switches (when using the pressure pad) operate independently.  If something fails, you have multiple levels of redundancy.  Super cool prospect.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Order update:

Although my order confirmation did not show it was backordered, it is apparently backordered. Lame. My order went through at 11:03am (5 seconds after 11:03 to be exact) according to my payment receipt.

I ordered the full size Rein Complete Kit.

I don’t see how I could have checked out any quicker. I had all my info preloaded, used PayPal which was I was already logged into.

They must have not had very many actually on hand.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I also got mine in at 11:03, I don't know if mine is back ordered or not though. I haven't heard anything from them.

Edit decided to message them on Facebook. I am also back ordered
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Order update:

Although my order confirmation did not show it was backordered, it is apparently backordered. Lame. My order went through at 11:03am (5 seconds after 11:03 to be exact) according to my payment receipt.

I ordered the full size Rein Complete Kit.

I don’t see how I could have checked out any quicker. I had all my info preloaded, used PayPal which was I was already logged into.

They must have not had very many actually on hand.
View Quote

I know they sold 100 OWL's in less than 5 minutes a couple months ago. Hell, Aero sold 600 lowers in under 5 minutes back in July. Crazy times right now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I also got mine in at 11:03, I don't know if mine is back ordered or not though. I haven't heard anything from them.

Edit decided to message them on Facebook. I am also back ordered
View Quote

Join the club haha

Oh well, I’ll try to be patient. I’m just annoyed because my confirmation didn’t state it was backordered.

But muh Rein
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Same here, they said probably backordered for 8 weeks but they are hoping to get them sooner. Makes me kinda on the fence of cancelling
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Same here, they said probably backordered for 8 weeks but they are hoping to get them sooner. Makes me kinda on the fence of cancelling
View Quote

Wait, on day 1 of release they got backordered for 8 weeks?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I am guessing they only had a couple hundred lights judging by all the Instagram photos and videos they posted. Who knows though, now it is just the waiting game.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't wait to see a side by side vs the PLHv2

Already contemplating the change whenever these are available again due to the better remote switch.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wait, on day 1 of release they got backordered for 8 weeks?
View Quote

Ordered within the first 5 minutes and was told my backorder will take 5 weeks. Micro REIN still shows in-stock so I’d imagine they have plenty of lights, just very few switches.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ordered within the first 5 minutes and was told my backorder will take 5 weeks. Micro REIN still shows in-stock so I’d imagine they have plenty of lights, just very few switches.
View Quote

That could very well be.

On the CD instagram page they have posted pics of tables full of lights, and bodies, but I did notice that those pics didn't show any tape switches or tailcaps, although that could just be how their assembly is done.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, they charged me even though it is on backorder.  Typically I have a no backorder policy too but figured what's the harm.

I'm not in the business of loaning money though so I guess I'll have to get a refund and wait for them to catch up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I received my std full size rein today... definitely a keeper!  Output is pretty fantastic and the weight feels good.  My tan complete kit won’t come until November.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Why?  Why oh why wouldn’t they make it compatible.

Dumb. I swear, some of these gun guys need to hire actual businessmen to run things and just stick to designing parts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Dumb. I swear, some of these gun guys need to hire actual businessmen to run things and just stick to designing parts.
View Quote

Because they wanted to design a better switch, if you always keep everything compatible you don't move forward with design/technology.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The light and switch have been in development for over 3 years, I believe, with a lot of industry input over those years.  Sometimes you need to move forward with your tech.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because these newer lights are held back by old switches.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Okay people that received them...  

Let's have some real world feedback please!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Light Comparison: Cloud Defensive REIN & OWL, Modlite PLHV2 & OKW, Surefire M600DF, Streamlight HL-X
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:38:48 AM EDT
[#44]
The REIN does look to be the most well rounded light there, but it's hard to tell how much of that is because of the camera.

Interestingly, the seeming advantage of the REIN compared to the PLH V2 appears to stem more from the spill than the throw.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need to throw something together.  But overall, it seems to be built like a tank, has a hell of a throw and a decent spill.  I have the full size REIN.  The micro has similar stats to the OWL, which is also a fantastic light.  The click button is positive and large.  I'm waiting to get a set with the "tape" switch.  I see really no need to use any other lights, so I'll probably keep buying these.  The weight is similar to a 600U.  And the battery system is set up to where you can fit the light to the battery, which eliminates wearing out the tailcap spring and eliminates flickering on firing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#46]

OKW Gang!

I have to say the footprint of the REIN is a bit too much. It is definitely alleviated by the fact that the tape switch cable comes out perpendicular to the light. Still sucks that you have to have a proprietary switch for this and can't use for example something like a modbutton. Which the angled connector of the modbutton makes it a really nice mounted solution. Just my 2c.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#47]
If its as good as it appears all my modlites will be sold.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If its as good as it appears all my modlites will be sold.
View Quote

One thing that will factor for me is footprint. If I can make the REIN work equally with my Modlite for MY setup, then it will come down to performance, but fitting the MAWL, light, suppressor, etc. on the front of the gun > A few lumens or Lux here or there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Not impressed by the lens durability of the REIN, but I'm sure you didn't need me to say that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top