Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2020 10:47:38 PM EDT
What light + mounting option provides the lowest offset distance from the AR pic rail?

I have a 300BLK BCM upper on an SBR kept in an under the bed safe and I have very limited clearance available. To give a reference point, there is perhaps 1/4" of clearance for the oversized raptor charging handle to slip under the bed frame with the rifle as it is currently set up.

I had been using an Inforce WML mounted at 12" but have never been particularly satisfied with this solution. I find that the intrusion into my view through either an Eotech XPS or Acog with a 1/3 lower cowitness mount is still annoying.

Does anyone have offset from rail distances for some of the more compact options like an Arisaka 300 or 600 with a 1" head and a tight mlok offset mount? What about something like the Cloud Defense OWL?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If your BCM rail has slots at 11 and 1. I'd use an Arisaka light with an Arisaka inline mount at 11 or 1.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your BCM rail has slots at 11 and 1. I'd use an Arisaka light with an Arisaka inline mount at 11 or 1.
View Quote

Surefire 300 series light but I’d use the arisaka offset mount. The inline is for pushing the light out next to a can.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, this was my primary contender. The Malkoff head on the Arisaka light body is a wee bit narrower but I'm not sure I'm sold on the light pattern so yeah possibly the Surefire is a better option for this application.

Does anyone who has a similar setup with the Arisaka offset mount have a measurement of the width of setup starting at the far edge of the pic rail? If so that would be great, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong with pistol lights on your rifle for lopro.  That's what I do for several of my SBR and ultralight builds
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have to use the picc rail for a mount, I believe the Surefire RM45 gets the light pulled in as tight as possible.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have to use the picc rail for a mount, I believe the Surefire RM45 gets the light pulled in as tight as possible.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with pistol lights on your rifle for lopro.  That's what I do for several of my SBR and ultralight builds
View Quote

Yeah, I do that too for some of my setups, but in this case a pistol light on a pic-rail or pic-rail adapted to my BCM rail is actually bigger than a dedicated mini scout would be.

If nobody can get me a measurement I will just wait until I get my Cloud Defense Rein, use that as a mockup and see what is possible size wise on this 300BLK carbine.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
What about the Scout pro with adjustable angle mount. I just got one and it is pretty slick.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Arisaka inline and modlite, I’m still waiting on my Black Friday rein order to come in but the modlite seems much smaller.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What about the Scout pro with adjustable angle mount. I just got one and it is pretty slick.
View Quote

@markusej69

Considering one myself currently.  

Is the mount pretty solid? Lock up tight?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]
It tightens down pretty well. Not as secure as a fixed mount but good enough when tightened and thread locker used. The trade off is that it gets a tight to the rail as space allows.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It tightens down pretty well. Not as secure as a fixed mount but good enough when tightened and thread locker used. The trade off is that it gets a tight to the rail as space allows.
View Quote

Thanks for the response sir.

I ordered this a.m. Hoping that it's just what I'm after.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you direct mount it to the rail? It may be a pain to remove your rail and such. I did it with a spare parts build and I don’t mind it at all.

I got a used streamlight with no mount and direct mounted it to the rail with a couple little washers inside the rail. Tucks it in super tight at 4 o’clock. I can’t get the tape switch wire between the bezel and the rail.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to follow up on this thread it just took a while to get things sorted.

After looking at all the options, and consideration for this being on a 9" 300BLK SBR with an 8" rail I ended up opting for a mod button from Modlite and set it up with an extra Surefire M300C I had along with a dual tail cap switch.

It fits!

Very happy with the setup too.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top