Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2020 11:00:06 PM EDT
Looking for a flap-type molle magazine pouch for 5.56 and 7.62 mags, or possibly one that does both.  Want one mag per pouch, i.e. not 2-3 mags per pouch.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
That kind of pouch seems to be pretty rare these days. I have a Multicam Eagle Industries Single Mag Pouch that I've used for about 6 years, but they appear to be discontinued. They used to be military issue (not universal, but one of many pouches in the system), and it's a good quality, sturdy pouch. You can find some examples on eBay like these here. Everyone uses open top or double mag pouches these days. Another option would be to use the military double mag MOLLE pouch, but only put one mag in it, which works fine (the flap just cinches down lower over the one mag).
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This would be ideal except its designed for two mags per pouch.  But I ran across This on another thread which seems to be 1 mag per pouch, but it’s spendy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Won't do both, but I like the looks of these (I have no personal experience with them):

Zulu Nylon Gear single M4 pouch

I have some of these, though, and even though they'll carry two, they can also carry one well enough, and do double duty for you:

Emdom MM double mag pouch
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The best 20 round 762 mag pouches I've seen have been the Canadian C1 mag pouches with pull tabs.  Two mags per pouch (sorry...) covered, individual pull tabs.  Hard part is figuring out how to attach them to a belt, etc. if you don't have the rest of the canuk stuff....

I believe that their C7 mag pouches are similar but sized for 30rnd m16/AR15/C7 mags.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
https://uwgearinc.com/

John at UW Gear is a great guy and he makes all the gear himself.
Excellent quality gear.  I highly recommend.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a bunch of these Molle II mag pouch, they say they're for 2 mags, but I've always use them for single mags. They hold a single mag without the mag bouncing around in there. You CAN fit 2 mags in one, but you really have to wedge them in there. I have some DCU ones too, they fit the same as the woodland.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Blue Force Gear makes some nice double mag pouches. They have built in shock cord for when only using a single mag.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/double-m4-magazine-pouch.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy once, Crye once (you might balk at the price---no doubt it is pricey---but it meets all of your criteria and adds flexibilities you may later appreciate, such as belt and molle capability, and a removable bungee option):

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/sps06702000_556762mbitr-pouch

Edit: grammar
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Blackhawk made them in four colors, they came with a proprietary plastic "strike speed clip" to fasten to the molle. Came in single or double pouch. Decent quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
As I mentioned above, I've been using an Eagle Industries single mag pouch for several years as part of my work kit. I use open top ESSTAC KYWI pouches on the front of my PC, but I wanted a covered pouch on my right side to keep me from getting hung up on the exposed magazine when drawing or holstering my pistol. Since the Eagle pouches have been out of production for a while (as far as I know), this thread prompted me to look for a second one on eBay. A few used ones showed up in the last few weeks, so I bought one that was described as used, but it looks almost new and is definitely in better condition than the one (on the left below) that I've been using for a few years. It's curious, though - my original one was made in the USA, while this new one was made in the Dominican Republic. That means it couldn't have been produced for a military contract, despite having the NSN on it, since the military can only purchase US-made gear. I'm thinking this may be a counterfeit pouch, because Eagle's website says "All of our gear is Berry Compliant and proudly made in the USA to ensure our end users." Kind of interesting, if so, because it's very well made. The only difference that I can see is the color of MOLLE straps and the fact that the bottom of the pouch pocket is a bit larger / looser than on my US-made one. I may drop a note to Eagle just to ask if they ever produced gear outside the US for commercial sales.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just something to keep an eye out for as a buyer. Looking back at the eBay auction, I can see now that the "Made in Dominican Republic" text is visible on the label, but I didn't notice it the first time.

Edit: Eagle Industries replied back to me quickly and said that they did have a production facility in the Dominican Republic, and this is an authentic Eagle pouch (confirmed by the lot number on the tag). That facility is no longer operating, and all production is done in Virginia Beach or Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Click this!!!!

If link doesnt work, search SDS mag pouch on amazon.  USGI and $6 each.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.keepshooting.com/usmc-m16-magazine-pouch-speed-reload.html

Really not sure of exact brand, but from the pics the stitching looks thorough... And I have ordered from this site before, no problems.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#15]
This one does both (one mag, removable flap).

BDS Tactical single mag pouch 7.62mm

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top