Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 6:59:12 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Factory DD mk18 upper 10.3 with 9.5 centurion m-lok. YHM Turbo K direct thread. Should I have a muzzle device like the plan b? That would push the can put a bit. There are other benefits right? I’m trying to keep it compact and light weight. But I hear there is benefits having a sacrificial muzzle device too? Space is limited and I like how the rifle, er, I mean, pistol is setup.

I’m not against trimming an edge off the light mount in the grinder of the muzzle device is pointless. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Simplest solution would be to remove a bit of material from the leading edge of that light mount, though I can understand if you'd rather not do that.

Does something like the PA accu-washer play nicely with direct thread? That would get you the slight bit of standoff you need but I have no experience with direct thread cans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Dremel time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't even bother digging out a dremel.    Few minutes with a file and some Alumablack would sort that out just fine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#4]
weird double tap
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ever shoot unsuppressed, the cherry bomb is very concussive. The griffin plan a is compact and has multiple muzzle device options. That's what I'm using with my hybrid and will be putting it into my turbo k when I get my hands on it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simplest solution would be to remove a bit of material from the leading edge of that light mount, though I can understand if you'd rather not do that.

Does something like the PA accu-washer play nicely with direct thread? That would get you the slight bit of standoff you need but I have no experience with direct thread cans.
View Quote

Precision Armament Accu-Washer is advertised for use with suppressors and they claim to maintain bore alignment. That is a good suggestion and doesn't require any permanent modification to anything.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ever shoot unsuppressed, the cherry bomb is very concussive. The griffin plan a is compact and has multiple muzzle device options. That's what I'm using with my hybrid and will be putting it into my turbo k when I get my hands on it.
View Quote

The reason I asked about the cherry bomb is solving two problems. The clearance and the sacrificial muzzle device. The cherry bomb may increase the life of the can and lower the noise out put? Wondering if it was worth the investment. I did trim the mount back, but still interested in the muzzle device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top