Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2024 12:17:51 PM EDT
Hey All, back at it again with another Chineseium AR clone. Saw a picture of China's Factory 626 M16 prototype chambered in 7,62x39 a few months back and thought itd be a neat rifle.

I dont know why but it caught my eye and I decided to give a go at a very lazy clone. So far I have a functioning rifle with available parts

Parts list
-Model 1 Sales 7.62x39 20" barrel assembly, Rifle Gas
-Model 1 Sales 7.62x39 Bolt and Carrier
-Colt A1 Teardrop
-YHM 5/8X24 Flash hider
-HRA Stripped A1 Upper
-Brownell's A1 Port door and rear sight assembly
-HRA Complete A1 Lower
-Duramag 20 round Mag

Its not done quite yet, Still trying to get a stock set or two (I need one for my NCR Service Rifle too) from Blackgunswood but he stopped regular production. Im also gunna have it cerakoated with their fake blueing to make it more like the prototype. Might go all the way and fab up an SKS bayonet to the flash hider! Time will tell. Turned out pretty good so far me thinks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out American Icon for wood. That's what I used on my NCR.

And now I want to do a Chicom clone too!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ovewatch3985] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tstetz:
Check out American Icon for wood. That's what I used on my NCR.

And now I want to do a Chicom clone too!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/1000001598_jpg-3168928.JPG
View Quote

Im glad to finally hear from someone who has bought their products, their webpage is kinda funky so I wasnt sure if it was legit or not. I was debating on it since the Blackgunswood sets look closer to the 626 and the Service Rifle stocks. But I might not have a choice
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, see I thought these looked closer to the NCR stocks. They have a lighter finish which probably would have been better but I liked the Battleworn finish.

I bought mine around Christmas. I wrote them up Here and you can see close up pics.

I plan on grabbing another set in the lighter finish at some point and want an Entry stock for another project.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, see I thought these looked closer to the NCR stocks. They have a lighter finish which probably would have been better but I liked the Battleworn finish.

I bought mine around Christmas. I wrote them up Here and you can see close up pics.

I plan on grabbing another set in the lighter finish at some point and want an Entry stock for another project.
View Quote

Great artical! Never seen that milled lower before. I chose to use an HRA XM16E1 lower for mine. Looks closer to the in game model IMO. But I could see a lore reason for it being a hodge podge of AR Parts from before the war lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, a slabside lower is more "clone" correct,  but I liked the markings on the BA lower. Besides it takes a special niche blend of gun and video game nerd to realize it's not "correct." Lol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, a slabside lower is more "clone" correct,  but I liked the markings on the BA lower. Besides it takes a special niche blend of gun and video game nerd to realize it's not "correct." Lol.
View Quote

We must be clone correct for clones that are impossible to be clone correct! Its vry srs business. I might have to pick up one of those lowers just to have. Maybe find someone who can cut some stuff off to make it a little in between
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tstetz] [#7]
"But I could see a lore reason for it being a hodge podge of AR Parts from before the war"

Exactly! I'm working on an SBR Checkpoint Carbine using similar logic. I was looking at trying to get a dissy style set up with FSB on a 12.7 barrel and after a good bit of hunting gave up. I'm using a 10 inch barrel flattop upper half I already have. Wood entry stock, BA Checkpoint lower, Fakelite A1 grip, and wood MLOK panels.

For a FNV purist it'll be horrible, but I imagine after the apocalypse you build or fix them with what ya can get. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! 🤣
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
"But I could see a lore reason for it being a hodge podge of AR Parts from before the war"

Exactly! I'm working on an SBR Checkpoint Carbine using similar logic. I was looking at trying to get a dissy style set up with FSB on a 12.7 barrel and after a good bit of hunting gave up. I'm using a 10 inch barrel flattop upper half I already have. Wood entry stock, BA Checkpoint lower, Fakelite A1 grip, and wood MLOK panels.

For a FNV purist it'll be horrible, but I imagine after the apocalypse you build or fix them with what ya can get. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! 🤣
View Quote

I ended up snagging a set from them. Its their blems but thats perfect for the Service rifle build anyway. Might get another for this 626 Clone at some point soon. That is going to be quite the build. The nerds on Reddit will be upset lol
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, I'd be good with blems on a Service Rifle build too.

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top