Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2018 8:52:51 PM EDT
My range requires that all rifles be cased.  I have a 20" rifle with A2 stock that so far wont' fit in any of the cases I own--I can zip them partway but they wind up hanging half open and the butt sticking out.  I also don't want to break the bank on a pelican case or anything--I'm just looking for something basic that will hold the rifle and close all the way.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the OAL of your rifle?  I have one of these coming:  https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/714017770/ALLEN+COMBAT+TAC+RIFLE+CS+42+BLK

It is 42" long and will accommodate an optic.  I too bought it just to have something to carry my rifle to the state-run rifle range that insists on having all rifles cased, and also insists on several seconds between shots.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Midway USA has some decent priced soft cases that may fit your needs.
Also check the store here at Arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the OAL of your rifle?  I have one of these coming:  https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/714017770/ALLEN+COMBAT+TAC+RIFLE+CS+42+BLK

It is 42" long and will accommodate an optic.  I too bought it just to have something to carry my rifle to the state-run rifle range that insists on having all rifles cased, and also insists on several seconds between shots.
View Quote
Go to CDNN Investments, they have cases on sale....

That several seconds between shots sucks, what BS...sorry you have to live thru that.   But there can be times when that rule is good, last weekend, two lanes down from me a guy was drum dumping an AK as fast as he could pull the trigger...he had three or four of those drums and everyone stopped shooting until he got his jollies off.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
These are pretty darn nice for the money.  Sure they're not a Pelican case, but I'd say well worth the money unless you're going to beat the hell out of it.

Edit: the 2nd link is the new version.  Less expensive and thinner, but I haven't handled one to see how they compare.  IMO probably less rigid but probably still good.  Personally if it was a concern, I'd get the older model though.

Amazon Product
  • Lockable, weatherproof hard-sided gun case carries an tatical rifle style rifle up to 42 inches long. Exterior Dimensions: L=46in. x W=16in. x H=5.5in.
  • Dual stage, spring loaded lockable latches with padlock tabs; high strength pinned hinges
  • Continuous Dri-Loc seal for weatherproof protection

Amazon Product
  • 42" all weather case. Exterior dims: 44.4" x 16.8" x 6.4" interior dims: 43" x 14" x 5"
  • Customizable pluck-to-fit foam
  • Extremly durable with dual stage lockable latches for travel. 4 heavy duty clamp latches

Link Posted: 10/3/2018 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I break my Ar's in half when going to the range. That way they fit in a small bag or case.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I break my Ar's in half when going to the range. That way they fit in a small bag or case.
View Quote
I've been doing this with my fixed stock, scoped, 20 incher, but I'm thinking of grabbing this Plano case at amazon.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Most any gun show will have a bag guy selling AR rifle bags for under $20
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top