Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 11:42:51 AM EDT
Looking at 300BLK uppers and most don't come with an adjustable gas block.

Won’t a 16” rifle end up overgassed shooting supers even with carbine length gas?

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not much powder in a large bore.  Gas length is generally a size shorter than 5.56 for same barrel length.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
So equivalent to midlength 5.56? I'm looking at the BCM ones. I'm sure they know what they're doing but would be nice to have an adjustable block
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy one and put it on yourself, its not hard and requires minimal tools
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Per BCM:
"These barrels were designed to run with a carbine buffer with subsonic ammo and a H3 buffer with high velocity ammo"

An adjustable block would probably work since it has a port big enough to cycle subs.  It will be over-gassed with supers, especially if suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
yes that's what I figured. Seems easy to install one but kind of expected this to be included in these higher tier uppers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes that's what I figured. Seems easy to install one but kind of expected this to be included in these higher tier uppers.
View Quote

Adjustable doesn’t always mean better or “higher tier”
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top