Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2024 1:08:53 PM EDT
Saw this handguard accessory on a C7 repro someone built on r/retroar. I have an old B-Square forearm myself but the injection-molded polymer part would pale in quality comparison to a metal one, which is by the looks of it, what this one seems to be made out of:

Can someone identify it by mfg., part name and such?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Zip ties?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Zip ties?
View Quote

Wow I think you are right...hadn't noticed that's what it might be...

Good eye
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Pressure pad zip tied on top, pic rail section with VFG zip tied on bottom. Neat bayonet lug flashlight mount, never seen one of those before.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Good old fashioned black zip ties
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone mentioned zip ties yet??

Those sure look like zip ties from here....
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
We love our Zip Ties dont we folks?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#7]
Are you talking about the mini-mount that fits over the bayonet lug? They were popular when "Dissy" was all the rage.

They were sold by some Israeli company that made grips & such - will repost when I get home & look at the parts box. I'm 99.87% sure I still have one in my "WhyTheHellDidYouSaveThisForAndWhatTheHellareYouGoingToDoWithIt" stash.

Maybe FAB? Sort of rings a bell in those dusty cobwebs .

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Are you talking about the mini-mount that fits over the bayonet lug? They were popular when "Dissy" was all the rage.

They were sold by some Israeli company that made grips & such - will repost when I get home & look at the parts box. I'm 99.87% sure I still have one in my "WhyTheHellDidYouSaveThisForAndWhatTheHellareYouGoingToDoWithIt" stash.

Maybe FAB? Sort of rings a bell in those dusty cobwebs .

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

FAB Defense sounds about right
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry folks didn't mean this to get out of context beyond the handguard clamp

If you are wondering about the bayonet lug accessory, it is not FAB Defense, but to Hammer's point it might be Israeli: Kley-Zion (OP in that Reddit post disclosed getting that model from that vendor, as linked)
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the top piece is laser mount.  It attaches to barrel
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#11]
Originally Posted By jhud:
I think the top piece is laser mount.  It attaches to barrel
View Quote

It's in the same place and slightly resembles the shape of a PAQ-4/PEQ-2 mount, but that's definitely the tape switch from the Streamlight.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#12]
While the tape switch is zip tied on, the bottom rail is almost certainly bolted to the handguard.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top