Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 7:42:15 PM EDT
My AR9 has all sorts of feeding issues caused by the bullet hitting the barrel face and jamming. The PSA barrels really dont have feedramps and its causing me all sorts of headaches with flat nose bullets. Looking for solutions I can do..

- Dremel in my own feedramp
- Install the new barrel with proper feedramps (I'd probably go with a Taccom or Macon Armory barrel)
- Install the Taccon Feed Ramp

I think the feedramp is the easiest solution but it states the feedramp isnt compatible  with AR9s with last round bolt hold open. Is anyone using this feedramp with the PSA BHO upper or do I need to just bite the bullet and get a new barrel?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
My AR9 has all sorts of feeding issues caused by the bullet hitting the barrel face and jamming. The PSA barrels really dont have feedramps and its causing me all sorts of headaches with flat nose bullets. Looking for solutions I can do..

- Dremel in my own feedramp
- Install the new barrel with proper feedramps (I'd probably go with a Taccom or Macon Armory barrel)
- Install the Taccon Feed Ramp

I think the feedramp is the easiest solution but it states the feedramp isnt compatible  with AR9s with last round bolt hold open. Is anyone using this feedramp with the PSA BHO upper or do I need to just bite the bullet and get a new barrel?
View Quote

OR....

Contact Rudy at Macon Armory, and then hopefully send him your current barrel to have the feed cone re-profiled to feed ammo more reliably.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Don’t ask us, ask Tim at TACOOM.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Send your barrel to Rudy
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:

View Quote

It would certainly be worth a phone call to Tim at Taccom3g.  He prefers phone calls to email.  He'll call you back.  I installed one of these ramps on an upper with a JP bolt and barrel.  It was glock lower.  It helped a lot.  For $20, it was a cheap solution.  I'm not sure how this would conflict with LRBHO.  What does that look like on a PSA BHO upper?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mad-Machinist:
Feed cone recut has fixed 99% of the feed issues I have been asked to resolve on PSA...occasionally bolt mods are required. Which model lower do you have?
View Quote

The lower is an older PSA model, the GX-9 lower. I can post pics of it internals if that helps. Do you do the upper disassembly as well, or do you normally just want the barrel? As I'm sure you are aware, PSA torques the hell out of th barrle nut and truth be told this is the 2nd 9MM upper from them as I damn near destroyed the first upper trying to get the barrel off. Making that task someone elses problem sounds like the easy solution to me.

Happy to send the barrel off for a recone, want me to shoot you an email or give you a phone call? My preferred ammo of choice these days is the Federal Syntech 150  which is a heavy flat nosed bullet and without a cone on the barrel it pretty consistently doesnt want to feed

@Mad-Machinist
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top