Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2023 9:43:57 PM EDT
I recently came across this ar15 pistol in 45 acp, know very little about it does anyone know what the story might be on this?
Thank you.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is that I have had one of their uppers in 45acp for a long time. It has been extremely reliable over the years. I had the barrel shortened to 10”, ported and it has an integral suppressor.

The mags are Uzi mags with a block welded on to fit standard mag wells. I’m now using a dedicated lower that takes grease gun mags. Those Uzi mags are hard to load I sometimes had problems with rounds wedging in them if they managed to get at an angle.

I didn’t know that they made pistol versions, sort of interesting to see one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a valuable magazine.

@Mad-Machinist
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheSelecter] [#3]
they also made their own 45 acp mags for their uppers.  they made rifle and pistol versions of the uppers in 45acp.  they are a lot of fun to shoot and i havent had any problems with them.  i havent tried the magazine conversion versions like the one you showed though.

eta here is the mag im thinking of https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100633841
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
There's a valuable magazine.
View Quote

No kidding. They were around $100 twenty years ago. Before I got my dedicated lower I scrounged around and found some Uzi mags and sent them to Olympic to have them converted. I probably had more money in mags than the upper.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mad-Machinist:  I removed the blocks from a bunch of those converted 45 Uzi mags.....re-parked 'em and sold them at Knob Creek for $125 each
View Quote

Somebody probably bought them, and paid a welder to put on some blocks to use em in their Olympic.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an upper that I used with a registered Colt lower. Worked fine, but the mags were hard to load and kind of Rube Goldberg.

Finally sold it when I picked up a Power Springs MAC.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Olympic had good stuff and was innovative, like with that .45, or an AR in .30 Carbine! I'd love to have that now. The .30 Carbine with hollow points is a great round for defensive use. I was just getting into guns in those days (early '90's) and they stopped making them before I realized what we just lost.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
As I said in the .45 carbine thread, I've got one of their rifle uppers.

And modified a GG mag to work with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
If you used the polymer lower from Cavalry Arms, it would take grease gun mags...  Think I sold the upper once I got a MAC10.  Then the lower with something else years later.

They ran well and were lots of fun. Man been so long. Think I have a spare extractor/ejector somewhere in the parts bin.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top