Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 1:39:24 PM EDT
Okay so decided to try the CMMG RDB 5” 9mm kit after I found a great price here and then they sent me a 5OFF coupon so I couldn’t say no.

Is there anything special I need to do to get it running right?

Which mean arms magazine conversion do I need?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
are you using a dedicated 9mm lower or a mag well insert?... I built a CMMG RDB for USPSA PCC with a New Frontier billet Glock format lower... you may need to adjust for the installed height of the magazines... the sharp point of the bolt may cause some problems as it runs across the next to present cartridge... Pmags worked without any problems, but OEM Glock and ETS mags required some height adjustment

I'd remove the polymer insert in the extractor and replace the spring with a heavy spring from Bravo Company if it is more than a range toy... regards
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
are you using a dedicated 9mm lower or a mag well insert?... I built a CMMG RDB for USPSA PCC with a New Frontier billet Glock format lower... you may need to adjust for the installed height of the magazines... the sharp point of the bolt may cause some problems as it runs across the next to present cartridge... Pmags worked without any problems, but OEM Glock and ETS mags required some height adjustment

I'd remove the polymer insert in the extractor and replace the spring with a heavy spring from Bravo Company if it is more than a range toy... regards
View Quote

Right now I plan on using the current standard Ar lowers and using the P-mags with the conversion inserts.

Down the road I would like to get a dedicated Glock mag lower.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The CMMG PMAG's with inserts work perfectly. I bought complete Banshee 9mm pistol from CMMG with a 5" barrel. It's the Mk4 that uses standard AR lower.

Had it about a year and I'm glad I went this route. I SBR'd it and installed a proper stock. Nice thing about that setup is I can install any upper with any length barrel I want and it's perfectly legal. Can't do that with a proprietary lower that is limited to Glock or Scorpion mags.  

I think you'll be happy with that setup. The RDB action does feel a bit less abrupt when firing so I can see why people like these for competition as it gets them.back on target a bit quicker.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Okay so decided to try the CMMG RDB 5” 9mm kit after I found a great price here and then they sent me a 5OFF coupon so I couldn’t say no.
View Quote

That's fishy. I've had numerous let me know when it's in stock requests out there for months. Have been too slow on the few notifications I have received. Got a notification from this seller on Friday. I paid $392 which was the listed price at that moment. I knew that was a little high but I was tired of waiting. But $311, fuck me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's fishy. I've had numerous let me know when it's in stock requests out there for months. Have been too slow on the few notifications I have received. Got a notification from this seller on Friday. I paid $392 which was the listed price at that moment. I knew that was a little high but I was tired of waiting. But $311, fuck me.
View Quote

I had to click on my own link as cause I didn’t pay anywhere near 311… they must have dumped the price once it went out of stock…
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I had to click on my own link as cause I didn’t pay anywhere near 311… they must have dumped the price once it went out of stock…
View Quote

So you paid the same as me? I'm hoping it's a legit site because I want the RDB set-up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you paid the same as me? I'm hoping it's a legit site because I want the RDB set-up.
View Quote

Definitely a legit site, order to many things from them in the past. I paid 375 after the coupon.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not familiar with measurements of barrel vs handguard. I got the 5" barrel. Would a 5" handguard be even with the end of the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with measurements of barrel vs handguard. I got the 5" barrel. Would a 5" handguard be even with the end of the barrel?
View Quote

With the RDB system the end of handguard would likely be 1/8" or so past the muzzle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

With the RDB system the end of handguard would likely be 1/8" or so past the muzzle.
View Quote

Sounds OK. I will shoot it suppressed, but I like to wrap a bit of Teflon tape around the barrel threads before spinning on the can, so I don't want the muzzle way back in the handguard.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top