User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:45:10 AM EDT
Has anyone successfully built a 9mm PCC with this configuration:

- CMMG 9mm Guard upper
- Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower receiver

I understand you would need to remove the ejector from the QC 10 Glock lower since the Guard's bolt already has an ejector.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same.

I have a Colt QC10 lower, with an Aero upper.  Was kicking around the idea of putting a CMMG bolt and barrel on it and if it would work.

Havent done much other than think about it though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I put mine on an NFA lower and I own a QC-10, but it's colt pattern.

You will likely have to file/shave/mill down the mag release since the Guard lower holds the mag lower. Once you do that you'll have slop in the mag. I bought a custom aluminum part on another forum that slides in where the ejector used to be. Works like a champ.

That said, if I had to do it all over again.... I'd just buy the Guard and be done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put mine on an NFA lower and I own a QC-10, but it's colt pattern.

You will likely have to file/shave/mill down the mag release since the Guard lower holds the mag lower. Once you do that you'll have slop in the mag. I bought a custom aluminum part on another forum that slides in where the ejector used to be. Works like a champ.

That said, if I had to do it all over again.... I'd just buy the Guard and be done.
View Quote
Thought about that, but I prefer the Colt pattern lower and Im already pretty invested in that with 10 mags.  I just want a softer shooting, better host for a suppressor.

I own not a single Glock, and probably never will
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this setup and hope to run it hard this weekend. I've only fired a couple of rounds so far so I can't draw conclusions quite yet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, Id be interested in the results.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thought about that, but I prefer the Colt pattern lower and Im already pretty invested in that with 10 mags.  I just want a softer shooting, better host for a suppressor.

I own not a single Glock, and probably never will
View Quote
There's a whole thread dedicated to Colt lowers + CMMG uppers in the industry section. It's do-able. I had more mags than that and I still went to a Glock mag system. They're under $30/mag and no one is shooting 33rd sticks +10 or +20 extensions in their pistol anyways, so it's irrelevant IMO.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have this setup and hope to run it hard this weekend. I've only fired a couple of rounds so far so I can't draw conclusions quite yet.
View Quote
Interested in your results. My DDLES Glock lower already has a stamp, so getting a Guard complete rifle to SBR would be another $200 and months of waiting where a relatively simple swap to a Guard upper would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Ran approximately 250-300 rounds through my SBR this weekend. I'd call it 95% reliable with the occasional hiccup: 1-2 stovepipes, not locking back on empty mag every time, and sometimes locking back mid mag. Overall I'm very happy and looking forward to getting back out there to do some more tinkering to get full reliability.

My setup:

5" CMMG Guard Barrel (Adco chopped) with In Lead We Trust 3 Lug
Omega 9K Suppressor
KAC SR-15 Buffer (lighter than carbine buffer)
Carbine Spring
Geissele SDC
QC10 lower with ejector removed

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ran approximately 250-300 rounds through my SBR this weekend. I'd call it 95% reliable with the occasional hiccup: 1-2 stovepipes, not locking back on empty mag every time, and sometimes locking back mid mag. Overall I'm very happy and looking forward to getting back out there to do some more tinkering to get full reliability.

My setup:

5" CMMG Guard Barrel (Adco chopped) with In Lead We Trust 3 Lug
Omega 9K Suppressor
KAC SR-15 Buffer (lighter than carbine buffer)
Carbine Spring
Geissele SDC
QC10 lower with ejector removed

https://i.imgur.com/lxHOG8X.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/cjf1IFn.jpg?1
View Quote
Just pulled the ejector from the QC10 lower and slapped the Guard upper on?

If it's potentially that simple I might go the Guard route and cut down on the recoil of my AR9. Might also increase the chances of a Geissele FCG running in it, getting me back to running the same FCG in every AR I own.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to any other tips or findings you come across.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Interested in your results. My DDLES Glock lower already has a stamp, so getting a Guard complete rifle to SBR would be another $200 and months of waiting where a relatively simple swap to a Guard upper would be awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for providing the most definitive answer to my question as the OP. I'm glad a Guard upper over a Quarter Circle 10 lower can be made to work.

How difficult was it to remove the ejector from the QC 10 lower? is it a matter of removing just one screw? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it's potentially that simple I might go the Guard route and cut down on the recoil of my AR9. Might also increase the chances of a Geissele FCG running in it, getting me back to running the same FCG in every AR I own.

Thanks for the info and looking forward to any other tips or findings you come across.
View Quote
That is correct.

On my old traditional blowback setup I was stuck using a ALG ACT trigger as the Geissele wouldn't work. Being able to use my preferred trigger is a nice pickup. I also ran a 12oz tungsten buffer and heavier carrier. The amount of weight shed by making the swap has been great. Plus the recoil impulse is much lighter thanks to less mass slinging around.

I'd like to try a heavier buffer, ideally a JP silent capture spring.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is correct.

On my old traditional blowback setup I was stuck using a ALG ACT trigger as the Geissele wouldn't work. Being able to use my preferred trigger is a nice pickup. I also ran a 12oz tungsten buffer and heavier carrier. The amount of weight shed by making the swap has been great. Plus the recoil impulse is much lighter thanks to less mass slinging around.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Time to watch for a Black Friday sale or code from CMMG for a Banshee length Guard upper.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Great info Outrider

Much appreciated
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]
@Outrider

Any more time on the Guard/DDLES combo? Figure out the stove pipes and/or the mag lock back issues?

For the rest of the crew, anyone seen a CMMG Black Friday email or discount code?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top