User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the urge.to put that on a 5.5" 5.56 barrel lol.
View Quote

I'm planning to swap it on my LaFrance clone when I get that done - rotate between the proper duckbill (repro) as it's a 601-type build, the AR180S cone, and the KAK...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I finally found someone to sell me a round handguard.

It arrives Tuesday.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/6QGkLQQT/handguard1.jpg

It arrives Tuesday.

View Quote

Nice!  What size?
I bought the 4” version; looks just like your pic.
Now I’m trying to decide on a muzzle device.
Needs about an inch and a half to extend beyond the guard.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/6QGkLQQT/handguard1.jpg

It arrives Tuesday.

View Quote

Not sure if new laws were passed or what. You could try Evike though. They sell real parts. Might have to click something saying its for airsoft only if you are a CA resident.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not sure if new laws were passed or what. You could try Evike though. They sell real parts. Might have to click something saying its for airsoft only if you are a CA resident.
View Quote

I got my Blaster D ring from Evike.

It is a new California law that went into effect July 1st 2022 restricting online AR component purchases. Apparently some companies are selling anyway, so I won't say who is doing this. I'm just glad they're doing it.

I'm buying a stripped Aero Precision lower and parts kit from our local gun store today to do another build while I still can.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is a new California law that went into effect July 1st 2022 restricting online AR component purchases. Apparently some companies are selling anyway, so I won't say who is doing this. I'm just glad they're doing it.

View Quote

Isn't that law just for 80% parts or have they expanded it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Isn't that law just for 80% parts or have they expanded it?
View Quote

I don't know.

I copied and posted the message I got from the seller explaining why they wouldn't ship to me, so I found someone else who would.
This is business, so there's always someone who will take my money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The handguard arrived three days early.
Elapsed time from ordering to receiving the product: Less than 3 days.
This is super good service.

I noticed no one else did this, so I thought I'd give it a try just to see how it works.  I like it.
The big round guard makes the gun really comfortable to hold and to easy to present. And the knurling offers a nice grippy surface.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the way it looks with the shorty hand guard. Curious how hot it gets shooting it with the standard style compensator installed?

Given any thought to using a linear comp instead, that blows hot gasses forward instead of inside the hand guard?
Or is this an eventual host for a suppressor?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the way it looks with the shorty hand guard. Curious how hot it gets shooting it with the standard style compensator installed?

Given any thought to using a linear comp instead, that blows hot gasses forward instead of inside the hand guard?
Or is this an eventual host for a suppressor?
View Quote

While it shoots fine and the handguard offers a firm comfortable grip, the inside of the guard does get dirty so I'm going to turn the guard down on a lathe to shorten it to end behind the ports.

Supressors aren't legal in California.

I just got a bolt action AR upper today, and got the same round design longer handguard for it.

I still have to figure out how to get the barrel nut off first. It's on super tight.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
You might not be able to get a suppressor in Cali, but a Flaming Pig is essentially a legal one-baffle suppressor.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You might not be able to get a suppressor in Cali, but a Flaming Pig is essentially a legal one-baffle suppressor.  
View Quote

Thanks... for $128 I'll pass.
I already have a fake supressor shell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks... for $128 I'll pass.
I already have a fake supressor shell.
View Quote

Look for the kaw valley mark 3 or mache 3 linear comp
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the bolt action rifle put together today.

Just for fun I swapped the tops.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Seriously?  You made an illegal short barreled rifle in California of all places then posted it on the internet?  What the hell is the matter with you?  I hope you enjoy your new roommate.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  Seriously?  You made an illegal short barreled rifle in California of all places then posted it on the internet?  What the hell is the matter with you?  I hope you enjoy your new roommate.
View Quote

They would have to prove there's a bbl in the thing, and there's no way to tell that from the picture.  He could've spun his handguard off, pulled the bbl, & spun the handguard back on.  It's also not clear to me the takedown pins are punched in.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They would have to prove there's a bbl in the thing, and there's no way to tell that from the picture.  He could've spun his handguard off, pulled the bbl, & spun the handguard back on.  It's also not clear to me the takedown pins are punched in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Seriously?  You made an illegal short barreled rifle in California of all places then posted it on the internet?  What the hell is the matter with you?  I hope you enjoy your new roommate.

Yah, sure he did, and even if he did, do you really think it wise to poke that bear?  You really think his pockets are deep enough to take on the feds on a case like this which is so obviously loaded against him from his previous posts?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:   Yah, sure he did, and even if he did, do you really think it wise to poke that bear?  You really think his pockets are deep enough to take on the feds on a case like this which is so obviously loaded against him from his previous posts?
View Quote

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lair...”
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Seriously?  You made an illegal short barreled rifle in California of all places then posted it on the internet?  What the hell is the matter with you?  I hope you enjoy your new roommate.
View Quote

It was only together long enough to take one pic.

The government gave the Taliban over $80,000,000,000 in military weapons vehicles and munitions,
while you're freaking out like a coward over a one silly harmless 22LR picture?

Ok. You convinced me.
I believe you really are scared shitless of the government.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yah, sure he did, and even if he did, do you really think it wise to poke that bear?  You really think his pockets are deep enough to take on the feds on a case like this which is so obviously loaded against him from his previous posts?
View Quote

It is from your own cowardly fear of the government that it gets its power over you.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lair...”
View Quote

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
I know that quote as I'm reading The Gulag Archipelago.
Everyone here should read it to help them find their spines.

There are quite a few folks here who don't realize
that the only power government has over them
is their own cowardice.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
take that photo down now
View Quote

No.
It's just a harmless picture.

Has government become the god you fear?

Fear is born of need,
so the less you need
what the government
provides for you
the less you will fear it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
take that photo down now

No.

You can do what you want and can afford (in lawyer fees). That being said. YES that photo is enough to cause you to get a visit from you friendly local ATF agents.

While I don't like or agree with the NFA laws, it is what it is. Here is no need to go poking the bear by posting photos online for the world to see. And everyone is correct, that is an unregistered SBR in that photo. Plus it shows intent, which is enough to get you prosecuted. And you also have to worry about the state of California along with the ATF.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#25]
How accurate are the CMMG dedicated .22 barrels?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You can do what you want and can afford (in lawyer fees). That being said. YES that photo is enough to cause you to get a visit from you friendly local ATF agents.

While I don't like or agree with the NFA laws, it is what it is. Here is no need to go poking the bear by posting photos online for the world to see. And everyone is correct, that is an unregistered SBR in that photo. Plus it shows intent, which is enough to get you prosecuted. And you also have to worry about the state of California along with the ATF.
View Quote

I totally understand your view.
You are expressing your own fear of the government.
This is because government is your god.
If you got right with God,
you wouldn't be so scared of government.

Was born in California and have lived here over 70 years,
so I understand something you have yet to learn.

I learned how not to be a coward.

The government is not a threat.
The biggest threat to your freedom
is your own fear.

If you want to live in fear,
that's your own free choice.
Just realize it is totally self inflicted.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How accurate are the CMMG dedicated .22 barrels?
View Quote

While I wouldn't call them precision,
they're good enough for plinking.

My Ruger is more accurate.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I totally understand your view.
You are expressing your own fear of the government.
This is because government is your god.
If you got right with God,
you wouldn't be so scared of government.

Was born in California and have lived here over 70 years,
so I understand something you have yet to learn.

I learned how not to be a coward.

The government is not a threat.
The biggest threat to your freedom
is your own fear.

If you want to live in fear,
that's your own free choice.
Just realize it is totally self inflicted.

View Quote
No it's not that I fear the government as you say.

You did in fact break the law by putting a pistol upper onto a rifle lower if that lower is NOT already registered as a short barreled rifle. Facts are facts.. And again it has nothing to do with fearing the government.

I suggest that you read the actual NFA laws concerning short barreled rifles. Even just test fitting as you say you did is breaking the National Firearms Act of 1934 which is a law passed by Congress.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  No it's not that I fear the government as you say.

You did in fact break the law by putting a pistol upper onto a rifle lower if that lower is NOT already registered as a short barreled rifle. Facts are facts.. And again it has nothing to do with fearing the government.

I suggest that you read the actual NFA laws concerning short barreled rifles. Even just test fitting as you say you did is breaking the National Firearms Act of 1934 which is a law passed by Congress.
View Quote

Congress has passed a lot of laws.  Not all of them are Constitutional.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Congress has passed a lot of laws.  Not all of them are Constitutional.
View Quote
Which is out of the scope of this thread. The NFA being what it is, regardless if it is actually constitutional or not, it is still the law. Choose to ignore such laws as your pocket book can afford.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Which is out of the scope of this thread. The NFA being what it is, regardless if it is actually constitutional or not, it is still the law. Choose to ignore such laws as your pocket book can afford.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Congress has passed a lot of laws.  Not all of them are Constitutional.

Apparently OP has, and is comfortable w/ his decision.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Apparently OP has, and is comfortable w/ his decision.
View Quote

Totally.

I'm fascinated at how just one harmless humorous photo could stir up so much fear.
It has revealed a truth that none of the cowards here has the foggiest notion of how government controls them through their own fear.

And just to be clear. I'm not angry at the government, neither do I rebel against it. This is because I understand that government is not the problem. The government is no more or less evil than the fools who created it in their own image.

Cowards are their own problem.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Totally.

I'm fascinated at how just one harmless humorous photo could stir up so much fear.
It has revealed a truth that none of the cowards here has the foggiest notion of how government controls them through their own fear.

And just to be clear. I'm not angry at the government, neither do I rebel against it. This is because I understand that government is not the problem. The government is no more or less evil than the fools who created it in their own image.

Cowards are their own problem.  
View Quote

Good way to get a thread nuked or banned, either way.
Still a felony technically.

Not that i don't agree with you but it's not worth it to me or my family to do stupid stuff on the internet for attention.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got the bolt action rifle put together today.

https://i.postimg.cc/h45Lnzd9/IMG-1342.jpg
View Quote

I'd like to hear more about this Bolt Action Rifle.
The upper looks interesting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'd like to hear more about this Bolt Action Rifle.
The upper looks interesting.
View Quote

There's a small thread in the Bolt Action Rifle section.

AR Rifle

I'll be adding to it as the build progresses.

Uintah Precision makes a true plug and play bolt action upper which simply attaches onto any milspec AR lower in seconds.

I thought is was a really neato idea so I got one. I built an Aero Precision lower to go with it. Right now I'm looking at optics, and will also be getting a bipod.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's a small thread in the Bolt Action Rifle section.

AR Rifle

I'll be adding to it as the build progresses.

Uintah Precision makes a true plug and play bolt action upper which simply attaches onto any milspec AR lower in seconds.

https://i.postimg.cc/66n9VHn8/IMG-1335.jpg

I thought is was a really neato idea so I got one. I built an Aero Precision lower to go with it. Right now I'm looking at optics, and will also be getting a bipod.
View Quote

That's pretty cool!

BTW- my "Blaster" looks just like yours at the moment.
I was planning a traditional pistol format, but my son ended up wanting a handguard.
Now I'm thinking I'll grab a folding brace, too.
He's a little awkward with it as true pistol, but with a brace and handguard he really likes the feel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool!

BTW- my "Blaster" looks just like yours at the moment.
I was planning a traditional pistol format, but my son ended up wanting a handguard.
Now I'm thinking I'll grab a folding brace, too.
He's a little awkward with it as true pistol, but with a brace and handguard he really likes the feel.
View Quote

Braces are nice.
I don't have one yet, but likely will as they add stability.
I really like the plain round handguard.
It's nice and grippy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No.

Has government become the god you fear?

Fear is born of need,
so the less you need
what the government
provides for you
the less you will fear it.
View Quote

You sir, are alright.
Beers are on me if you make it up here.

On topic-
Hows that Unitah upper shoot?
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You sir, are alright.
Beers are on me if you make it up here.

On topic-
Hows that Unitah upper shoot?
View Quote

Thanks for your kind words.

Haven't shot it yet as I just finished the build today.

I got a little bore laser just to get the optics dialed in reasonably close
before taking it to the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like KAK has handguards now. They even go as short as 2.9"

2.9" Handguard is pretty much just a barrel nut sleeve with a Picatinny Rail.

Attachment Attached File

Options are good though, that would be a nice thing to throw on a 22lr "Blaster" to extend the sight radius.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like KAK has handguards now. They even go as short as 2.9"

2.9" Handguard is pretty much just a barrel nut sleeve with a Picatinny Rail.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333164/ar15-hg-kit-mlok-2_9-1_1__1__jpg-2519140.JPG

Options are good though, that would be a nice thing to throw on a 22lr "Blaster" to extend the sight radius.
View Quote

I machined an inch off my handguard to clear the brake vents.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I machined an inch off my handguard to clear the brake vents.

https://i.postimg.cc/CxvHmNth/IMG-1383.jpg

View Quote

I've been fallowing this for a little while. You have inspired me to build my own little blaster.
I picked up a used Spikes ST22 pistol upper I'm going to try to make something fun
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've been fallowing this for a little while. You have inspired me to build my own little blaster.
I picked up a used Spikes ST22 pistol upper I'm going to try to make something fun
View Quote

Good score.
Spike's doesn't make those anymore.

Blasters aren't really practical firearms. However they are lots of fun to build and shoot,
because you can basically make yours into anything you can think of.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good score.
Spike's doesn't make those anymore.

Blasters aren't really practical firearms. However they are lots of fun to build and shoot,
View Quote

The plan is odd and the kind of ugly only a mother could love.

That could change of course
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The plan is odd and the kind of ugly only a mother could love.

That could change of course
View Quote

Post pics of it. I love seeing new ideas.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
...Blasters aren't really practical firearms. However they are lots of fun to build and shoot,
View Quote

I use my AR-15 .22LR Blaster mostly as a silencer host range toy.  The extra length and weight of a .22LR silencer doesn't add that much to the package as compared to a silencer on a conventional .22LR pistol.  Use a standard two-hand hold and blast away - with or without a silencer.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I use my AR-15 .22LR Blaster mostly as a silencer host range toy.  The extra length and weight of a .22LR silencer doesn't add that much to the package as compared to a silencer on a conventional .22LR pistol.  Use a standard two-hand hold and blast away - with or without a silencer.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
View Quote

Yeah, it would be fun to have a silencer but they're no bueno in commiefornia.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#48]
When this post started back in May I decided I definitely wanted to build one of these so I started collecting parts as I stumbled onto them. Other projects took over and I thought I hadn’t gotten all the needed parts.
Earlier tonight I went looking for some magazines I knew I bought a while back and while looking I decided to clean up my parts pile and group everything for the ongoing projects together. That’s when I realized I had all the parts to finally build a Baby AR Blaster.

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I even found an old red dot to put on it temporarily to take it to the range to check for accuracy and functionality.

Here it is pictured with my other dedicated .22LR pistol:

Attachment Attached File

Eventually going to swap out the dinosaur sight for a better sight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When this post started back in May I decided I definitely wanted to build one of these so I started collecting parts as I stumbled onto them. Other projects took over and I thought I hadn’t gotten all the needed parts.
Earlier tonight I went looking for some magazines I knew I bought a while back and while looking I decided to clean up my parts pile and group everything for the ongoing projects together. That’s when I realized I had all the parts to finally build a Baby AR Blaster.

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I even found an old red dot to put on it temporarily to take it to the range to check for accuracy and functionality.

Here it is pictured with my other dedicated .22LR pistol:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1241/8B5DC635-F444-4126-98C5-CC6C0D07280A_jpe-2609714.JPG

Eventually going to swap out the dinosaur sight for a better sight.
View Quote

Nice neat sharp looking guns.

Are pistol braces still going to be legal. I heard a rumor that they were going to be "no bueno" in December, but I have no idea whether it's true or not. The logic of the practical real world difference between a brace and a stock still eludes me. If I understood, that would mean I was a liberal bureaucrat, so I'd rather not know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  Nice neat sharp looking guns.

Are pistol braces still going to be legal. I heard a rumor that they were going to be "no bueno" in December, but I have no idea whether it's true or not. The logic of the practical real world difference between a brace and a stock still eludes me. If I understood, that would mean I was a liberal bureaucrat, so I'd rather not know.
View Quote

ATF has a proposed brace rule where braces are still legal depending on the configuration of the pistol & they reserve the right for you to jump through all the hoops & still declare your gun an illegal SBR.  It'll immediately go to court & w/o Chevron & w/ NYSRPA, w/ any luck we'll get an injunction and snarl it til they back down.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top