BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
This information is about 10 years old so there are many more manufacturers in the game now. It was supposedly originally posted by xenophobe but has been copied and pasted on just about every gun forum there is. Here is a link showing the difference in the 4 major lower forgings.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/AR-Lower-Receiver-FAQ-56k-beware-MMS-CMT-LAR-LMT-compared-/12-318113/

Here is another list I found.

"Somewhat current list of foundries and the rollmarks they pump out:
LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W(old), MGI (1st batch), Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
JVP = Double Star, LRB
Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
Superior = Superior Arms, Lauer (current)
Grenadier Precision
Sabre Defence (?)
JP CTR-02
SOCOM Diamond (out of business?)
Sun Devil
POF - 415/416 Gen 1 (no trigger guard), Gen 2 (integral winter guard), Gen 3(integral guard + ambi bolt release)
Smith & Wesson - M&P-15
LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
Aero Precision - Armalite, Spikes and Noveske (not sure what prefix)"
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
double post
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't heard squat about my order.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't heard squat about my order.
View Quote
same here. Though I am wishing I would have ordered 2 instead of 1.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This information is about 10 years old so there are many more manufacturers in the game now. It was supposedly originally posted by xenophobe but has been copied and pasted on just about every gun forum there is. Here is a link showing the difference in the 4 major lower forgings.
View Quote
LAR was acquired by Remington in 2012.  Their operations have ceased.  If these are LAR machined receivers, they were old stock.  Most likely these are Luth-AR production as seen here:
https://www.luth-ar.com/product-category/ar-parts/a1-parts-and-accessories/
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine Saturday. My only regret is that I didn’t get two.

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My invoice specifically stated "LAR Grizzley A1 upper."  How true this is I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven’t heard anything about my order yet as well
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Haven’t heard anything about my order yet as well
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My invoice specifically stated "LAR Grizzley A1 upper."  How true this is I don't know.
View Quote
Is the bottom of the rear takedown pin lug marked with an L
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is the bottom of the rear takedown pin lug marked with an L
View Quote
The 2 I received are not.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#12]
If your curious...I've got to dig out my LAR c7 uppers and take some photos, but here's the link to the photos I took of one of my LAR A2 uppers that I recently sold:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/-/22-1769958/
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#13]
If these are truly military contract overruns they may not necessarily be marked with any specific forge codes or manufacturer's marks. It just depends on what they where asked to produce.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I got this message from them today when I asked about my order:

"I was checking our inventory, and that item is currently out of stock. We are expected to get some in shortly. Would you still like to wait for your order, or we can cancel and refund you. What would work best for you?"
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Par for the course for this vendor to oversell and underdeliver, also be wary of their descriptions, items might not be exactly what they say. I have no personal experience, just what I've heard.

My wild guess is that these receivers are freshly manufactured.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"I was checking our inventory, and that item is currently out of stock. We are expected to get some in shortly. Would you still like to wait for your order, or we can cancel and refund you. What would work best for you?"
View Quote
That sucks! Makes me glad I was able to get my order. I hate when vendors don't use live inventory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seems they have a couple of different excuses. I got this email yesterday after I inquired about my order.

Hello,

We are a bit behind with those orders right now. We have another shipment that should get here on Thursday or Friday. When it comes in, we will get your order out.

Sorry for the wait, but thanks for being patient with us!

TJ M.
CS Rep.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't believe no one has said it sooner, but Delta Team Tactical sucks.  I ordered a "mil-spec" supposed 7075 aluminum receiver extension from them, and when it arrived, they had forgotten to take the "Made in China" sticker off.  Chinese air soft products military specification? Don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't believe no one has said it sooner, but Delta Team Tactical sucks.  I ordered a "mil-spec" supposed 7075 aluminum receiver extension from them, and when it arrived, they had forgotten to take the "Made in China" sticker off.  Chinese air soft products military specification? Don't think so.
View Quote
Cmm it and test what kind of AL it's made out of, the check the anodizing. Mil spec is just that, a spec. Just because it's Chinese doesn't mean it cannot be Mil spec.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, I want US Army military specification, not People's Liberation Army specification. Or airsoft  "mil spec".  The DTT customer service girl said " Mil spec just means the diameter."  Not hardly, dear.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#21]
They sell 308/6.5creedmoore uppers with fluted stainless steel barrels and free floating hand guards for $220. What do you expect? There hand guards look allot better than the ebay ones and the barrels are probably on par with bear creek arsenal. You get what you pay for. I like the fact that you can get into a new caliber like 6.5 grendel, 450 bushmaster,244 valykry for so cheap but I wouldnt expect it to be any more than a range toy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry, I want US Army military specification, not People's Liberation Army specification. Or airsoft  "mil spec".  The DTT customer service girl said " Mil spec just means the diameter."  Not hardly, dear.
View Quote
OT:

1) If it was 7075, forged not extruded, and made to the correct dimensions, then you got a mil-spec RE.

2) Did you know a normal Colt RE (SP64072) costs $50?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My wild guess is that these receivers are freshly manufactured.
View Quote
If Anchor Harvey still has the ability to turn these out new, Brownells should pick of the phone and place the minimum order.

It would be a perfect addition to their retro line without having to source unobtanium parts... reverse engineer those parts... modify those drawings to support current spares... manufacture those parts... and then listen to people complain about why the elevation knob is the same as an M16A2 and not a 1:1 copy of whatever version of the original  AR-10 is that they want to clone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#24]
1. Since our uniforms, boots, and vehicles have to be made in the U.S. to be mil spec, I'm pretty sure the requirement applies to weapons as well. That's why Beretta and FN both had to build factories in the U.S. to fulfill their contracts. If you want Chinese airsoft parts in your rifle, have at it. DTT has those parts cheap.
2. Yes. That's why I have bought Anderson and Aero REs. American made, extruded not cut threads, and 7075.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
1. Since our uniforms, boots, and vehicles have to be made in the U.S. to be mil spec, I'm pretty sure the requirement applies to weapons as well. That's why Beretta and FN both had to build factories in the U.S. to fulfill their contracts. If you want Chinese airsoft parts in your rifle, have at it. DTT has those parts cheap.
2. Yes. That's why I have bought Anderson and Aero REs. American made, extruded not cut threads, and 7075.
View Quote
LOLOLOOL!!1!

1) I guess you never met my pal Carl... nobody cares where something was made, so long as it was manufactured to the correct specification and meets an operational need. Also, exclusions to the Berry Act exist for everything from boots to SAPI plates- and they pop up any time something is needed.

2) Anderson... yick! Aero?????? I'm not sure if you were aware... maybe nobody ever told you, but a regular, normal, Colt receiver extension can be had for as little as $50, and sometimes less when they go on sale. The part # is SP64072.

Life is too precious for saving $10 on something as important as a weapon... and ordering crap parts and then complaining you got crap, while extolling the virtues of other crap parts you bought, just makes you look silly, homey.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Hello George

We do not yet have a projected date for when we will get them in.

Thank you,
Tyler L

On Mon, Oct 8 at 12:25 PM , George wrote:

What is the ETA on the C7 upper?
View Quote
thats the email i got from them on monday
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
TNTE has these exact same receivers. Anchor Harvey forge mark in the area below the rear sight. TNTE said these were new-made, so I'd say AH can make more whenever they feel like it. LuthAR has the exact same receivers as well.

They seem nice enough to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I've not heard a peep out of them, no receivers in hand..

Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
TNTE has these exact same receivers. Anchor Harvey forge mark in the area below the rear sight. TNTE said these were new-made, so I'd say AH can make more whenever they feel like it. LuthAR has the exact same receivers as well.

They seem nice enough to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51323/Aintthatakickinthehead3-699720.JPG
View Quote
I bet the TNTE are exactly that ,Luth ar. No reason to do business with TNTE,customer service is dog poo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It will be a standard stock item for us as well.
View Quote
That's great news! C7 upper receivers have historically been rather spotty availability-wise.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not C7, but looking for some input.  I've been looking for a bit for Colt A1 uppers, I'm wanting to do an IDF type build.

Anyhow,  I ran across a guy who has what he describes as a box of  " brand new never issued and in mint condition A1 upper receivers , they come with period Colt ch with numbers on them. A1 rear sights, no brass deflector, and tear drop FA, gray in color". from ~ 1985. Supposedly originally destined for 6420 rifles.

I'm headed to look at them this weekend, I'd like to get a ballpark value on them. I'd love to have one or two, but also do not want to get raped on pricing.

Any help is appreciated.
View Quote
group buy? I'm in!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pricing wasn't discussed yet, and not sure if all are for sale yet?

I'd gladly share contact info here for any interested in the event that it works out and multiples are for sale.
I just have near zero clue in what fair value is.
View Quote
I would think anything under about $300 is a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Got notification that mine shipped today
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got notification that mine shipped today
View Quote
I got a reply today that they are receiving 10-20 in each week and they said mine should ship in the next batch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Got a ship notification today as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Still no word on my two.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Still no word on my two.
View Quote
Same

Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I got shipping notification and tracking info today.

A few days ago I emailed and asked for an status update. They replied yesterday that they would ship today.

If you haven't heard anything you may want to contact them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I too received a shipping notice today.

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got another email showing these as in stock again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine shipped
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I received mine the other day.

They're very well done.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They're very well done.
View Quote
I've read through these 2 pages and just wanted to confirm the one you received recently is from deltateamtactical? I tried the link from pg 1 but get a " is not currently available" message. I'm wondering if they no longer have any coming in or if this is expected when they are temporarily out? Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've read through these 2 pages and just wanted to confirm the one you received recently is from deltateamtactical? I tried the link from pg 1 but get a " is not currently available" message. I'm wondering if they no longer have any coming in or if this is expected when they are temporarily out? Thank you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're very well done.
Affirm, they are from DTT.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top