Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy]
BCA upper is 5.5 lbs so hell no to that weight just for an upper.

I want to either buy a complete 22LR pistol upper (8" or so barrel) or just build an upper myself.

Any budget complete upper options that don't weight a ton for no reason or should I just build? If build, what barrel should I go with? It will be run suppressed.
Just a range toy build so not willing to spend a fortune.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Friends don't let friends buy BCA

RTB
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

RTB
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wanting another 22 LR AR-15 upper and I couldn’t assemble an upper cheaper than I could buy an upper from Right to Bear.   This upper has been gtg and I really like it.   I don’t notice any difference in weight between my 16” CMMG with plastic A-2 style hand guard.

This is my most recently purchased 22 LR AR-15.  The upper is from Right to Bear, the lower is one I assembled with LaRue MBT 2S.  There is a fifteen round BDM mag in the well.

Below is a picture of a CMMG complete upper I bought in about 2008 and paired to a lower I assembled.  There is a CMMG 25 round mag in the well and has a RRA NM trigger.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]

RTB
View Quote

I've owned plenty of their uppers. Never had a problem
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My RTB upper has been awesome
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

RTB

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, you could spend 2x-5x building versus buying. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#8]
NVM
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
As stated elsewhere, the hands down best AR22 is no longer made.  Tactical Solutions (Tac Sol).  100% reliability.  Extreme Accuracy.  Came in Pistol length (9", IIRC).  It's a damn shame they quit making it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out borebuddy.com or taccom3g.com

good affordable options at both.  Taccom is of a different bolt design though.  They have what I call the Nordic pattern and Borebuddy offers an improved ciener (cmmg) style bolt and a number of barrel lengths.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I would just buy a tippman for 500 bucks.  Complete gun, 100 percent function.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Renaissancemann] [#12]
OP: BoreBuddy is releasing a 7" barrel at the end of the month that seems to fit your use case.  Price point is going to be right around $120.  Uppers will be available and likely cheaper than building.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I built one in the past 12 months or so. Hard part of course was sourcing the barrel. Wound up with something inexpensive around 8". Used a CMMG bolt kit on it with their mags and it runs flawlessly suppressed and unsuppressed. Way more reliable feeding them our 10/22's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a complete RTB upper :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
I ordered a complete RTB upper :)
View Quote

Post pictures and a range report when you get it.   My RTB took a couple hundred rounds to season and the more rounds I shoot the better the accuracy.   I’ve seen this with other 22 LR barrels.   My RTB upper has been totally reliable except for a few Federal cartridges that had no priming compound in the rim and failed to fire.   That sure can’t be blamed on the gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:

Post pictures and a range report when you get it.   My RTB took a couple hundred rounds to season and the more rounds I shoot the better the accuracy.   I’ve seen this with other 22 LR barrels.   My RTB upper has been totally reliable except for a few Federal cartridges that had no priming compound in the rim and failed to fire.   That sure can’t be blamed on the gun.
View Quote

Will do
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top