Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 5:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy]
Thinking about building a 7.5" barreled upper to use on my SBR lower (Has 10.5" barrel now)
I'd like to build something light (Not looking for lightest possible or anything).

I know the usual suspect light handguards, but what about the barrel for running suppressed fulltime? (SOCOM MINI2 since my TurboT3 is not rated for a barrel this short)
I'd like to go as light as I can on the BCG without having problems. I run the Super 42 H2 buffer system.

I have an Aero stripped upper w/o FA lying around so may as well use that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#1]
nvrmnd
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Faxon Gunners are pretty light.

I have a 7.5" 4150 with a pinned gas block.  (300blk)

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#3]
I just ended up going from 7.5 to 8" so I could run my suppressor. Mount wouldn't fit in front of my SLR rail. I didn't want to replace my SLR rail. Ended up going with a Ballistic Advantage 8" Modern Series. I shot it last weekend quite a bit. It ran ok. Unfortunately I am going to have to add an adjustable gas block and tune the gas flow for better performance. I should have known with this build a AGB would be needed. I was hoping lol. So far I love this build.
The suppressor is a Aero Precision Lahar 30K. No barrel limits and is Full Auto rated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ak4784:
I just ended up going from 7.5 to 8" so I could run my suppressor. Mount wouldn't fit in front of my SLR rail. I didn't want to replace my SLR rail. Ended up going with a Ballistic Advantage 8" Modern Series. I shot it last weekend quite a bit. It ran ok. Unfortunately I am going to have to add an adjustable gas block and tune the gas flow for better performance. I should have known with this build a AGB would be needed. I was hoping lol. So far I love this build.
The suppressor is a Aero Precision Lahar 30K. No barrel limits and is Full Auto rated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/IMG_5612_jpeg-3199003.JPG
View Quote

What BCG are you running?
How's the accuracy of that barrel? I see a lot of posts about them not being consistent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

What BCG are you running?
How's the accuracy of that barrel? I see a lot of posts about them not being consistent.
View Quote

BCG is a standard M16. Colt I believe.

So far the bbl seems fine. I just assembled it about 10 days ago and have only had it to the range once. I was mostly function checking the rifle. I only did a half assed zero on the Eotech at 25 yards and got it dialed in enough to get a consistent fist sized group. I was shooting free hand and my time was limited that day. I am sure I can tighten that up a bit.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top