Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2024 1:07:52 PM EDT
Buddy of mine recently got a binary trigger so he gave me the one that came in his f1 udr. The trigger that he gave me is a 4 1/2 pound hiperfire enhanced duty trigger heavy gunner. I never see any reviews but is this a good trigger till I buy something better. And will I face any problems like light primer strikes.

(I won’t be able to hit the range for a week)

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jestocost] [#1]
Yeah. I put one in my 11.5/carbine gas build. Medium pull, crisp break, good reset. It's not anything revolutionary, but it's incrementally better than a good mil-spec.

Edit: zero fire malfunctions through 400+ rounds with it. Best I can describe it is that it's a little better, but not a lot better, than a good mil-spec.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zukiphile] [#2]
Originally Posted By Juchi:
a 4 1/2 pound hiperfire enhanced duty trigger heavy gunner.
View Quote

EDTs get a lot of bad reviews where people don't give them a couple of hundred rounds to break in and take them out.

Out of the box, they are some of the roughest I've ever experienced.  Within a few hundred pulls, they develop a smooth travel with no stacking.  I'm guessing that I am sneaking up on 20k rounds on my most used one.

I use the regular EDT with the lighter hammer and a reduced power hammer spring for use with 22lrs.  The resulting trigger was so light I switched to a Geissele heavy trigger spring.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top