Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2024 12:33:46 PM EDT
I am doing a sleeper build and slowly building off of an Anderson manufacturing ar off of primary arms and has a carbine length gas system. I plan to suppress it but have it 50/50 since I’ll have another ar with the same Qd keymount. My question is that would and h2 buffer + springco blue be good or just get jp scs h2 for my ar be better off the fact that it might over gas. Looking for any tips and knowledge as I am new to this.

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just need help :/
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I would shoot it with a carbine buffer and standard spring and just see how it runs. Mostly I have no issues using those in suppressed/unsuppressed guns, but a couple rifles seem to perform better with different spring/buffer combos.

However, there are too many factors to guess about whether an H1/H2/new spring will be better or worse in your particular rifle yet. Buying a couple different buffers and springs to have on hand isn't super expensive, and you can test em all out to seem what works.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Without knowing your barrel length , gas port diameter, and ammo type its a guess.

An assortment of buffer weights on hand as suggested is a solid start.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot until TGWLDR mentioned assortment, I bought a couple packs of tungsten weights from KAK, along with a few new buffer bumpers.

Cheap and easy way to test H1-H3 weight buffers in all your guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Juchi:
I am doing a sleeper build and slowly building off of an Anderson manufacturing ar off of primary arms and has a carbine length gas system. I plan to suppress it but have it 50/50 since I’ll have another ar with the same Qd keymount. My question is that would and h2 buffer + springco blue be good or just get jp scs h2 for my ar be better off the fact that it might over gas. Looking for any tips and knowledge as I am new to this.

Thank you in advance
View Quote

You are trying to fix something in a gun that hasn't even been shot yet?  Shoot it!  Then fix it if it needs fixing
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a sleeper I'm building. I got the blue and h2 and it's very pleasant to shoot. The springco feels slightly harder to charge but very smooth and charging the carbine it just glides.

The H2 give the carbine tube a little more resistance before the gun unlocks so I think together they help tame an overgassed gun somewhat and help delay extraction.

I really like the springco as they feel so consistent on the two rifles I have them in one with substantially more rounds down range. Where as any spring that came with my rifles from the factory feels weak and tired. The springco still feels perky.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top