Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 9:09:56 PM EDT
I’m looking for a mil spec buffer tube that matches a Vortex Razor scope.

There are a ton of “burnt bronze” tubes for sale but it’s really hard to tell the color, darkness, etc of them in photos… I’d love a perfect match, but if not looking for something very close to match

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Burnt bronze is, as the name would imply, more bronze in color.

Cerakote makes a color to match Vortex’s Razor anodizing, H-293 Vortex Bronze, which is likely the closest you’ll get to what you’re wanting.

https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating/H-293/vortex-bronze

I doubt you’ll find anyone selling a buffer tube in that color as a commonly stocked item, though.  Easiest route would likely be having some Cerakote a tube for you in that color.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

Cerakote makes a color to match Vortex’s Razor anodizing, H-293 Vortex Bronze, which is likely the closest you’ll get to what you’re wanting.

I doubt you’ll find anyone selling a buffer tube in that color as a commonly stocked item, though.  Easiest route would likely be having some Cerakote a tube for you in that color.
View Quote

I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Please help me understand this - they sell you the liquid to Cerakote your own items? Dont they need to be "baked" or something?

Would you consider this Burnt Bronze or something darker? It's an URGI upper that comes far from color matching their own lower. How do I color match this?

Attachment Attached File

EDIT = I looked thru that Cerakote Co and they enable you to find a Co to apply their products and one shop is 5 miles from me! I'm going to bring that upper in to match this color I think.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Please help me understand this - they sell you the liquid to Cerakote your own items? Dont they need to be "baked" or something?

Would you consider this Burnt Bronze or something darker? It's an URGI upper that comes far from color matching their own lower. How do I color match this?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/G9_jpeg-3159660.JPG

EDIT = I looked thru that Cerakote Co and they enable you to find a Co to apply their products and one shop is 5 miles from me! I'm going to bring that upper in to match this color I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/G9_jpeg-3159660.JPG

Yes, Cerakote is fairly tedious as far as proper application goes.

The differences in shades with Geissele DDC colors is one of their draws, IMO.  If you want uniformity, colored anodizing is about the worst way to get there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it looks pretty cool the way it is, but if you want it to match, I'd have them do the whole thing. That's going to give you the best results (as far as color matching goes)
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Stowe:
I think it looks pretty cool the way it is, but if you want it to match, I'd have them do the whole thing. That's going to give you the best results (as far as color matching goes)
View Quote

Thanks to both of you. I called the shop and I'm going in there tomrrow to see what they can do. If it's not insanely expensive I may have them do the lower and optic mounts. I doubt they can do an Eotech because it has to go into an oven.

Appreciate your advice and will post when done if desired.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Any gun pic is a good pic. I'd love to see it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top