Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2020 2:53:09 PM EDT
So I'm looking for information on buffer springs for a few of my AR pistols each were built from a stripped lower and have right now carbine buffer in them.

First I have a 7.5 inch barrel 300blk and the second I have a 10.5 223.

With the 300 BLK I'm running 110 gr and with the 223 I'm going to mostly run for now since heavy 223 is not easy to find and I don't have the time or money to bulk up. I mostly own 55gr and 62gr. I'm wanting to run heavy 75,77 and 80gr.

So wanting to know what buffer and spring would work best? Do I need to change it from what I have please school me I don't know anything about this thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm looking for information on buffer springs for a few of my AR pistols each were built from a stripped lower and have right now carbine buffer in them.

First I have a 7.5 inch barrel 300blk and the second I have a 10.5 223.

With the 300 BLK I'm running 110 gr and with the 223 I'm going to mostly run for now since heavy 223 is not easy to find and I don't have the time or money to bulk up. I mostly own 55gr and 62gr. I'm wanting to run heavy 75,77 and 80gr.

So wanting to know what buffer and spring would work best? Do I need to change it from what I have please school me I don't know anything about this thanks!
View Quote

IMO, the standard 3 oz. carbine buffer is too light. I use 6.5 oz. buffers in my 16" carbine. In my 10.5" .223 pistol, I seem to have found a sweet spot for my overgassed pistol with a 6.4 oz buffer and a 4.0 oz BCG weight. At the moment I am not terribly interested in getting a 10 oz. buffer, so I will probably keep it the way it is.
Don't have any experience with the .300 BLK, but I tend to think heavier is better. Heavy enough to produce a pattern to ejected cases at 4:00 but still lock back on the last shot.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I ran an H1 in my 300blk, but I probably could have gotten by with a carbine originally.  I know it has a carbine in it now, but it also has a LAW folder which adds mass.

I think I had an H2 in my original 10.5" 5.56.  I can't remember if it still has an H2 or an H1 in it...but the barrel is now 12.5".
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top